Porsche Parts/service shop in Daytona?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:33 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 530 Likes on 284 Posts
Default Porsche Parts/service shop in Daytona?

Anyone got a recommendation of a shop in Daytona? Drove down here ('04 GT3) from Charlotte for the week to stay for the Rolex 24...on the way down, the cover of one of the headlight washers just mysteriously decided it didn't want to go all the way to Daytona and jumped ship somewhere in GA. (I saw a flash of something fly up over the car, but didn't realize it was from MY car!!). Also...having issue filling the tank: from empty, I can get about 8 gallons in before the pump "clicks" then its a VERY SLOW manual process to fill it all the way... just want to get it looked at.

Just need to get another washer cover and maybe a quick look at what could be causing the fill issue... No dealer in Daytona??

TIA

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 01-23-2017, 12:47 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Order the Washer cover from Suncoast, it's a super easy installation that can be done in a parking lot. (Florida typically is next day shipping within the state and I believe they had these in stock last I checked).

Likely an issue with the valve behind the gas door, could be a quick fix but requires removing the wheel / inner liner to access. Happened to me a few years ago getting home from Daytona on one of my 996tt.

BGB Motorsports is in Ormond Beach, call first to see if they can get you in (they're racing Friday). Another good choice is Drivers Choice Motors in Longwood, about an hour south but dealer quality service and they're very fair.

(should have my 3 in the coral, see you this weekend )

Swine11 ReBoot - 964 / 993 Shift Boot Trim Panel

2004 996 GT3 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 (future Keen Project) | 2016 Cayenne Diesel

Old 01-23-2017, 01:58 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

Then I ordered the part it was not sold separately. I could not just get the cover and had to purchase the whole assembly. It was around $70 and I only used the plastic cover.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:45 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 530 Likes on 284 Posts

thanks onelove. I ordered the cover (and nozzle) from Suncoast - $53. I called Orlando Porsche, figured I had time I would run out there... and they said $107!!! Jeez...

I'll check the fill issue when I get home, but what's the 'quick fix' once I take off the wheel and liner?

Quick Reply: Porsche Parts/service shop in Daytona?