Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 wheel - cast or forged?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 12:51 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap - I didn't realize where the valvestem was until you said that...that looks like fun.

As far as lightweight wheels go - I don't think you can go wrong quality-wise with Kinesis or Fikse. I have a set of K58s from my old 996 that I ran on the road a lot and they held up well. I don't think they're going to look that good on the GT3 (haven't tried them yet) so they'll probably be track wheels. I don't have personal experience with Fikses although I've heard good things from others.

FWIW - Fikse makes a lightweight wheel "similar" (subjective) to both the BBS and the HREs above. http://www.fikse.com/profil.html http://www.fikse.com/classic.html
Old 11-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob: I agree, you can't go wrong with either Kinesis or Fikse. I've had great luck with Fikse wheels on several cars -- their relatively new Profil series are extremely light. Had a set of the standard FM10's (BBS mesh style) on my 993TT and liked them.

I'm currently trying the new Profile 13's on the GT2....
Old 11-10-2003, 03:42 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you know which finish those are? They look like it might be the polished finish but hard to tell. I've thought about the race satin because i don't want too shiny but I thought it'd be alittle easier to keep the brake dust off of than the standard wheels.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:08 PM
Jack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by bob_dallas
do you know which finish those are? They look like it might be the polished finish but hard to tell. I've thought about the race satin because i don't want too shiny but I thought it'd be alittle easier to keep the brake dust off of than the standard wheels.
Those are both the standard finish -- centers are clear coated and the alum rims are left untreated. Fikse's standard finish is not quite as bright as a straight polished finish. However, their race satin is definitely a duller/ annodized finish -- something in the middle would be Fikse's Speed Silver finish. Lots of choices -- I'd call John or David at Wheel Enhancement (310-836-8908) to get the complete menu of options.

Front wheel-standard finish....

Quick Reply: GT3 wheel - cast or forged?