Sponsored by:

Speaking of Squeaks...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 07:11 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Speaking of Squeaks...

I have yet to notice any of the rattles discussed in the recent thread posted, but the next time I am out in mine I will listen harder to see...anyways, I have this little annoying squeak that is coming from the steering wheel at certain rpm's...It's a vibration issue coming from the airbag portion(The part you hit to sound the horn). When I put my hand on it, it silences, but I don't like to drive that way. Has anyone experienced this, albeit minor squeaking/rubbing sound from the steering wheel??? If so, any tricks to silence it??? Thanks...
Old 10-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rockitman: admit it, you're just looking for an excuse to get the suede wheel from the GT3RS Of course it does require installation of the airbag module from your current wheel so if that's what's squeeking it won't help.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:51 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Steve in FL
rockitman: admit it, you're just looking for an excuse to get the suede wheel from the GT3RS Of course it does require installation of the airbag module from your current wheel so if that's what's squeeking it won't help.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:24 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Speaking of Squeaks...

Originally posted by rockitman
I have yet to notice any of the rattles discussed in the recent thread posted, but the next time I am out in mine I will listen harder to see...
Heck, you're probably not driving the car. From the looks of that Cosmoline free pic you posted, you're probably trying the preserve that super clean bottom now. Park the damn pepper and drive the GT3. Then, you can come and complain about all those noises.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:53 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Default Re: Re: Speaking of Squeaks...

Originally posted by Viken
Heck, you're probably not driving the car. From the looks of that Cosmoline free pic you posted, you're probably trying the preserve that super clean bottom now. Park the damn pepper and drive the GT3. Then, you can come and complain about all those noises.
In retrospect: "What a feeble post!!!"...I can admit that...I should have deleted it, but I need to take some abuse...You would think I was looking for a Lincoln Continental "Bling" ride....LOL

Feel free to relegate this post to the Abyss!!!

Quick Reply: Speaking of Squeaks...