Sponsored by:

Bucket seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Alexey21
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bucket seats

So, my 996 GT3 came with a tequipment roll cage and a slot for the racing harness. Seeing as I have the regular seats on my car, I can not use the harness. What bucket seats would you recommend for the GT3 that relatively easy to install?
Old 07-22-2016, 07:28 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Euro GT3 Clubsport seats are easiest...they mount right up
Old 07-22-2016, 08:56 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 995 Posts

I had the Euro Carbon 997GT3/CarreraGT, Euro 996GT3Club, and the kevlar Recaro Profi Spa. They all bolt right up as they are on OEM sliders. The CarreraGT seat is the least supportive of the three and more tailored to a fat guy with narrow shoulders. Will easily fit someone with a 40"+ waist. It's about the same width as the folding 997GT2/3 bucket. The Euro 996GT3 seat is supremely comfortable yet very supportive and probably the best all around street/track seat. Great for anyone up to a 36-38" waist. The Recaro Profi Spa is also incredibly comfortable (once you are in them) and provides true race seat support. Good for anyone up to 34" waist. The 10lb. Kevlar Spas need to be used with a quick disconnect steering wheel to make egress easier due to it's high thigh bolsters, or you need to slide to seat back to get in and out. The Spas are my current seats and absolutely my favorite. You don't sit in them, you wear them.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wzfUBw]

Old 07-23-2016, 04:21 PM
Alexey21
Instructor

I think my car already had bucket seats at one point. I was searching for methods of mounting the seats and the harness, and decided to see if the previous owner had any of the modifications done to the car. Thinking, the owner tracked the car, installed a roll cage, but didn't use a harness and bucket seats? Makes no sense right? So I found harness mount points drilled through the floor using the G-Force eye bolts. That's why my car seats are like brand new, never used almost, and saved for resale. Interesting indeed. Now I gotta get the right seats and scratch this itch. Does anyone have any experience with the Sparco seats? Specifically Evo or Evo2?
Old 07-24-2016, 12:19 PM
rebrewer
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Odd that the PO drilled through the floor and used the eye bolts, at least to my thinking. You have the tequipment half cage and Schroth makes a sets of belts specifically for the GT3. All you need is the factory sub bar. I have the Euro GT3 Clubsport seats, aka Aliens, and thought I might like the GT2 seats in CF that fold so I'd have better access to the space behind the seats. I sat in some a buddy had and found them less comfortable that the Euro GT3 seats. Mooty also pointed out the GT3 seats are actually lighter since there is no hinge mechanism to fold the seat. Sat in the Evo seats, (don't recall if they were Evo2) and again, for me the Euro GT3 seats were a better fit. If I were looking at a track only car I'd probably go with a containment seat but for dual duty the Euro GT3's makes sense for me. I have a set of brackets for the Evo2 if you decide to go that way.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:52 AM
jazzyfunkykool
Advanced

Please check you PM. Recaro's on a GT3 are much better than Sparco (and they look much cooler
Old 08-04-2016, 01:14 AM
Stutes09
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canada

Hey,
Are the seats still available?

Clark

Quick Reply: Bucket seats