Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 GT2 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 03:40 PM
hajii83
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, if I had 140K lying around, I would SO jump on that deal!! Thas crazy cheap Watt, why are you getting rid of it?
Old 11-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 23 Posts
Default hajjiii pls read up!!!

dear hajii,

i believe i addressed this above:

"or red.

cars for me like you know like is like teenage girls change the colour of the face of their cell phone -- you dig?

ah's thinking maybe flames"

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...5&pagenumber=2

and my winter truck arrives Saturday, winters are brutal here in Malibu, it actually rains a few times and the temp drops into the 70's, i'll be much safer posing in it

Last edited by Sun Ra; 03-29-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2003, 05:53 PM
TNGT3
Instructor

Watt,

You really need to put clear side markers on that thing.
Old 11-06-2003, 07:16 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

tngt3,

i will if you will and you post a photo!!!

Old 11-06-2003, 07:54 PM
TNGT3
Instructor

You got it. They are waiting on me, but I have been too busy to pick them up. And, I do need to take some new pics.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

thanks.

my car arrives at noon tomorrow! i asked santa for a digital cam so i can finally take a photo, providing of course that i can figure the thing out -- dubious probability at best.... so until then i'm counting on you.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:27 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

adios guapa!!! she is sold

this mamacita gnarlita has gone from the open road to 1.28's at willow. Have fun Todd.

Last edited by Sun Ra; 03-29-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:56 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

watt: I see you've mastered the art of scaling your image postings - I don't think the hood is open anymore.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:22 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

Damn.. I was SO CLOSE to buying it..
Old 11-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

here's a quote from the new owner in a public email forum:

"The car is crazy fast in bone stock form. I've had it for less than 24 hours and have only driven it in moderate to heavy traffic and I can already see that it will be tough to stay out of trouble with this car, aside from the fact that it's Speed Yellow and looks like it does. An acceleration burst for just a couple of seconds, with one gear change from 2nd to 3rd and I'm doing 100 mph. Someone's .sig (I think on this list) says, "This isn't acceleration, it's violence." Yeah - it's like that.

Todd Serota

wait til he gets out of traffic
Old 11-15-2003, 01:17 AM
Todd Serota [TracQuest]
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up New GT2 Owner In the Building!

This is great. I'm posting without even being here. I guess that's what it means to know Watt!

Yes, the car is great. Ever since one of my TracQuest instructors very graciously threw me the keys to his brand new GT2 (Speed Yellow, as it were, with 1200 miles on the odo and Hoosiers slapped on) at Mid-Ohio in August, 2002 and said, "Go have fun!," I've been thinking about this car. My first track event with it will be my TracQuest event at Infineon Raceway (formerly Sears Point) in December. Certainly not a good track at which to use all of that power, but it should be a great opportunity to sort out the handling.

Speaking of handling, the car needs a lot more negative camber in front than Watt had (funny how you don't need negative camber to go straight :-)). Has anyone here had personal experience in purchasing the shims that fit between the front control arm pieces, enabling the negative camber range to be increased? The parts dept. at Beverly Hills Porsche told me that the right one is $7 and the left one is $150. Moreover, I can't get a right one anyway because it has to come from Germany and Porsche A.G. is taking months to ship many GT2 parts. I plan to talk to Porsche Motorport and Gert Carnewal in Europe, but I'm wondering if people here have BTDT. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:37 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bring your air compressor to clean out the rotors and use the green pads, don't ride the brakes into the corners. The ceramics should be fine! That's the latest word I got on the maintenance for track use today.

Congrats and welcome to the club...When you learn how to drive yours you can teach me how to drive mine. By the way, I know someone who would like to drive your car.
Old 11-15-2003, 01:49 AM
Todd Serota [TracQuest]
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Colm:

Thanks for the welcome. Good to hear from you.

Are you coming to Infineon in December? If so, make sure you're ready when I come into the pits in the middle of my first session to switch passengers. That's about how long it will take me to get comfortable with the car.

Regarding the brakes, I'll just have to see how it goes. For advanced drivers, trail braking in appropriate places is a way of life, so I'm not going to be able to avoid using the brakes into corners. I don't see why that would matter, though. As far as rotor and pad wear go, braking is braking, whether it's in a straight line or trail braking. I've heard that the green pads can be brutal on the rotors when used hard. Do you have any info on this?
Old 11-15-2003, 02:26 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I will, if I can go to Sears Point!

On the ceramics, I just passed on the GT 3 I ordered with ceramics, hoping for some more good information to develop. The pass wasn't that hard since I have another slot for Feb and a potential one for May.

I've done a lot of reasearch on the ceramics, been very proactive, then really questioning their usefullness (to the extent of backing of the GT3) and am coming to the conclusion that a lot of the problems encountered are due to "***** over brains" i.e over braking as a consequence of carrying too much speed into corners and having to over brake. This is merely an opinion (arrived at after months of thought and analysis) and I recognize that since I haven't observed all the other drivers with or without problems it is open to reveiw and reasonable contradiction.

All the data I have gathered suggests that Porsche will react to problems enncountered on a case by case basis, look for collateral damage around the rotors and decide based upon what the physics dictate. The bottom line is that they are treating their customers OK, follow what I said earlier and I believe you'll be OK. However the final say so is theirs, but from what I've learned for my driving style (7/10s) I'm no longer worried. Had I known what I found out today I wouldn't have passed on the GT 3.

Not to worry though, I have until next Feb to monitor the situation in caese I'm wrong. For track, the green pads are not brutal on the rotors, the yellows maybe harder and the blacks are awful. The advice I got from the designer of the GT2 (Kausmal) in Leipzig was to use the green padas on the track (but never on the street). The heat build up on the ceramics is exponential, so you can imagine what happens with over braking. ATE fluid will help with the braking on the track, so you might want to flush your system.

Bottom line (IMHO), the issues with the ceramics are very much driver related, and nobody's going to admit to "wimping out" by over braking.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:34 AM
mds
Pro

Default Re: New GT2 Owner In the Building!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Todd Serota [TracQuest]
Has anyone here had personal experience in purchasing the shims that fit between the front control arm pieces, enabling the negative camber range to be increased?[QUOTE]

Gert has them. They come in pairs of 1, 2, 3 and 7mm thicknesses. 7mm is backordered. TRG told me to use roughly 5mm to get a -2.5° camber. The shims go on the car next Tuesday, so I will have a confirmation on this then.

Quick Reply: 02 GT2 for sale