Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cancelled orders for 2 GT3s

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 11:07 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boring to you maybe.. I'm sure you heard it a million times..

I am reletively new here as well - but in your first few posts you came across very loud and obnoxious. We all go over the edge from time to time, but this is supposed to be a mature discussion area. I think you came in a little over the top and people here arent familiar with that from you. You see how WATT posts? I can hardly figure out what he is talking about half the time - the guy speaks in Riddles.. I feel like I am watching an old Batman episode... But the point is he has been here forever, much longer than I and people familiar with him seem to know what he is talking about (I think they do right??) and he makes GREAT contributions to this board.

I get ripped on here sometimes to, that will happen as everyone will not always agree with what you say. I was just playing around and no harm meant - enjoy the board and welcome.

Adam
Old 10-10-2003, 11:23 AM
SEAN MCMANUS
Instructor

Adam,
I know I was in a rant when I first started posting here..
I was reading all the stuff others had written about the GT3 and hate to say it.. but it had me pissed. so I logged on and had to speak my mind a bit.
HAHAHA! yeah I have heard it a more than once the jokes.
I travel to the US about twice a year to visit friends and while there I think everyone feels they must tell me every Irish Joke and Hell a few of my American friends callme Paddy! which is haah well..
they seem to get a kick so I let it be.
yeah, yeah .. no harm done.
I am enjoy it all.
Thanks for the welcome to the forum.

Slan..
Sean
Old 10-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pete,
Although I hope you sell your TT at a good price, and soon, a little downturn is exactly what Porsche needs IMHO. Their arrogance shows up at so many levels --I'd like to see a little more humility and customer service/friendliness, particularly at the dealer level.
Incidentally, I asked one of the dealers you mentioned about a price for a new TT and he said, in effect, that they didn't discount off MSRP.
As Porsche is the only German manufacturer that doesn't discount their car for European delivery, and in fact goes the opposite direction and adds about $2000, I asked him if he would consider selling me a car for European delivery at MSRP with his dealership picking up the $2000 for European delivery. He said "no". This is all very recent.
I asked him how the TT performed at the track --he said he didn't know. Then he went on to say that, including the 3 questions I had asked him earlier about the GT3 that he couldn't answer (the weight of the A/C unit, pros and cons of PCCB, and seat comfort of the lowered seat option, which is achieved by removing 10MM of padding), he said, "you have asked me more questions than all of my customers put together". The inference was that I shouldn't ask him any more questions!
Is it any wonder these guys are having trouble selling cars? Have they ever “sold” cars? Hopefully, they’ll figure it out.
Old 10-11-2003, 01:18 AM
ADOGNY
Racer

Sounds like a typical salesman. I have YET to meet one who sells Porsche vehicles and REALLY knows anything about the cars. They know the HP numbers at best, nothing more. I get embarrassed for them.. Maybe that is also part of the problems, maybe not.

Adam
Old 10-11-2003, 01:40 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

sean, welcome. i have a question for you. what does it cost in ireland for a new tt in us dollars?
Old 10-18-2003, 09:00 PM
M3Vobra
3rd Gear

Originally posted by chago996
Did anyone read the October '03 edition of the UK's Car magazine? It has a great write-up comparison of the new (unavailable in US) M3CSL and the C2 996. I think it would have been a better comparison if it had compared it to the GT3, but I believe the reason was that the CSL and 996 are similar in price. Yet the CSL is a bare bones 360hp M3 ala 996 GT3. Yet, they prefered the bare 996 over the CSL because the CSL "is a saloon made into a sports car" unlike the 996, which is a true sports car. The 996 "is colossally more practical.....more engaging to drive than the CSL because you have to learn the Porsche's particular ways and when you do it's more sensuous." That is why I like it. A true sports car. Sometimes the europeans like practicality and plushness too. Just thought I share
Let me go back and read that article again as that isn't what I got out of it.
Old 10-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Johninrsf

This Forum is definitely informational and fun. And, it could be a whole lot better if the few sour apples, (a) read all prior posts in a particular thread before writing theirs, (b) toned down their opinions to reflect the fact that there is only one God Almighty, (c) didn’t make a lot of false assumptions that led to other posts based on similar false assumptions.

Well said..

Quick Reply: Cancelled orders for 2 GT3s