Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

996 GT3 Headers and Lightweight Mufflers by Charles Dundon/RK Autowerks: Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 12:52 AM
RKAutowerks
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 996 GT3 Headers and Lightweight Mufflers by Charles Dundon/RK Autowerks: Group Buy

We're introducing our 321SS Long Tube correct tuned length stepped headers and light weight center exit muffler combo for 996 GT3. The system is designed and built by Charles Dundon. Many of you who have 996 GT3's and 997 GT3's know of Charles and his header designs. They make power, sound great, are well made in the USA by Charles, and are guaranteed for life to the original purchaser against cracks, splits, corrosion etc. (repacks of the mufflers not included...)

The system is available in 2 configurations.

1. With Bypass Flaps
You retain your ability to open up the exhaust or quiet it down. It's still a bit louder than stock, but not annoyingly so.

2. No Bypass Flaps
Straight through, no flaps as loud as you like!

Dyno is from an untuned 996 GT3 3.6L.

The stock setup in the 996 is about 90lbs our system without flaps is 32lbs, and WITH flaps is 36lbs. This is complete header flanges to the exhaust tips including ALL hardware, clamps, straps etc. Big savings over stock, and if you want super light, contact us for a 20ga setup they're about 25lbs, but not part of the group buy...

This is PJS's system

The headers

The system is practically guaranteed to have no CEL, but without cats it is an "racetrack or offroad use only" product. By this we mean that the light is off ALMOST ALL OF THE TIME except in the right conditions it is possible for the ECU to throw a O2 sensor or Cat efficiency fault. If it does, then clear it and drive, and it may be months or years with no CEL again. All of Charles’ current exhaust customers will easily vouch for this and agree that the light is off 99% of the time.

We're looking to get 10 folks interested in the Group Buy at

With Flaps: $6500
Without Flaps: $5650

This is $1000.00 off the retail price, first come first served!
Old 10-13-2015, 02:17 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Beautiful exhaust! Do you have any pics of this mounted on a customer car by chance. A picture like the one you posted on the 991 GT3 forum of the blue car. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2015, 05:11 PM
RKAutowerks
Former Vendor

We'll see if we can get one from our customer with a 996RS. We're also evaluating how to economically add the dual exit exhaust option for those that are looking for the benefit, without having to change their bumper.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:34 PM
Charles@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the Dyno, The Green Line is the 996GT3 DUAL exhaust setup that I have made 7-8 of. This was my past group buy dual exit setup. The Blue line is a center exit setup with slightly shorter headers and center exit, and no x pipe or merge between the banks,

Just clarifying info between the runs on the dyno

The Dual exit setup I have materials to build about 4 of them at this point, Center exit would be basically the same as a 3.6 997.1 GT3

Single exit setup

Dual exit setup

Old 10-14-2015, 10:28 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Attached Images    
Old 10-15-2015, 02:02 AM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...s-exhaust.html
Old 10-15-2015, 07:16 AM
mkk62
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Best mod on my car and I have lots of mods. Every track day several people tell me how awesome car sounds as I pass them. Lol. Charles standup guy with great customer service. Won't go wrong. And no problem ordering far away. I'm in Florida with no regrets.

Mike
Old 10-15-2015, 10:20 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM sent
Old 10-15-2015, 12:52 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Thx for posting that pic man! Truly amazing sound. I currently run Cargraphic mufflers after stock headers into a Fabspeed and out through stock tips. Do you reckon there is more horsepower in this Dutton system? I realize the sound will be better! What about around town...can you modulate throttle to keep sound in the acceptable range?

BTW, is that your garage and lift 4Porsche? What a sweet setup!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:31 PM
RKAutowerks
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by christallon
Thx for posting that pic man! Truly amazing sound. I currently run Cargraphic mufflers after stock headers into a Fabspeed and out through stock tips. Do you reckon there is more horsepower in this Dutton system? I realize the sound will be better! What about around town...can you modulate throttle to keep sound in the acceptable range?

The power comes mainly from the header design and the exhaust being less restrictive is more just keeping the power we made there. There is definitely more power in our system than the stock headers/ muffler upgrade.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:32 PM
RKAutowerks
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DRPM
PM sent

Replied
Old 10-15-2015, 03:51 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mkk62
Best mod on my car and I have lots of mods. Every track day several people tell me how awesome car sounds as I pass them. Lol. Charles standup guy with great customer service. Won't go wrong. And no problem ordering far away. I'm in Florida with no regrets.

Mike
I will second that. THE best mod on my track 996 GT3 is the Charles Dundon exhaust. I paired my system with some FVD tuning and it is a strong beast that's for sure. As mentioned above almost every track day I get compliments on the sound and questions about the details. Can't go wrong with this system.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:39 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by christallon

Not my garage, it's the guy that is in the pic. The garage is larger than his house. The man cave even has a second story over the garage. It's trick for sure, he is a super car dude too.
I can cruise around town with low sound, but if you wack the throttle all hell breaks loose.

Joe
4porsh
Old 10-16-2015, 01:20 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^ LOL, "all hell breaks loose" . So true. Keep it below 4k RPM and it's street acceptable.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:35 AM
Charles@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just realized this but I think I have 4 guys with SY 996 gt3's with my exhaust on it. One guy in Canada is coming down today actually. Then you two and joes friend.

Quick Reply: 996 GT3 Headers and Lightweight Mufflers by Charles Dundon/RK Autowerks: Group Buy