Sponsored by:

Mid Ohio Events

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 01:52 PM
JohnPG
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mid Ohio Events

Looking for a list of the Clubs that book events at Mid Ohio. Never been there, I was hoping to get out there with NNJR this year, but I have a conflict for the dates they will be there. I would prefer an advanced DE if possible as it's a long pull from SE Mass.

TIA
Old 01-18-2015, 02:46 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

MOR has it's advanced only in conjunction with the club race Sept 18-20

Chin has a date as well and their format caters to the more advanced drivers.

Lots of "regular" format DE opportunities as well. All of our local clubs have adopted open passing with a point anywhere for the advanced and instructor groups which makes for a really enjoyable experience.

I have a fairly compiled list of mid ohio dates on my work computer I will post on Tuesday for you.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:09 PM
JohnPG
Racer

The MOR event in Sept would be great, but I'll have to do an event with my home region the same days. Would love to have your list.

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2015, 10:00 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

John - here are the events I have mapped out so far for Mid Ohio this year. Note that Northern Ohio usually has one in April and in September but they have not announced their dates yet. also OVR always has a second date usually in October that also hasn't been announced yet. Finally I don't care to participate with Allegheny region so I don't have their events on my list of possibilities for the year.

April:
- NASA @ Mid Ohio 4/17-19
- MOR PCA @ Mid Ohio 4/24-26

May:
- NNJR @ Mid Ohio 5/15-17
- Chin @ Mid Ohio 5/25-26

June:
- NASA @ Mid Ohio 6/5-7
- OVR @ Mid Ohio 6/12-14

September:
- MOR club race @ Mid Ohio 9/18-20

October:
- NASA @ Mid Ohio 10/2-4
Old 01-20-2015, 01:49 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 112 Posts

Also ARPCA on Sept 11-13. First day is advanced DE. This is one of my favorites. I'll be there Sat Sun. as Instructor
Old 01-20-2015, 08:37 PM
JohnPG
Racer

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s

October:
- NASA @ Mid Ohio 10/2-4
Originally Posted by Chuck Price
Also ARPCA on Sept 11-13. First day is advanced DE. This is one of my favorites. I'll be there Sat Sun. as Instructor
These two may work, no conflicts so far. Boy the year is filling up fast, but I'm sure those dates would be a great time as far was weather in the area. Plus they are both three days events which makes the haul easier.

Andy, I've never run with NASA, what's their format like,i.e. track time. I instruct for a couple of the PCA regions in this area, would I be able to run in the highest group, I assume with a checkout. Also on the site, it looks like they run a TT, that could be fun.

Chuck, first time I looked at the AR PCA website. No dates for 2015. You have insider info. Advanced day for the first would be a bonus.

Thanks for the info Andy and Chuck.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:22 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

John,

Check out Motorsportreg.com.

If you do go, we'll have to meet for dinner.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:43 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Originally Posted by JohnPG
These two may work, no conflicts so far. Boy the year is filling up fast, but I'm sure those dates would be a great time as far was weather in the area. Plus they are both three days events which makes the haul easier.

Andy, I've never run with NASA, what's their format like,i.e. track time. I instruct for a couple of the PCA regions in this area, would I be able to run in the highest group, I assume with a checkout. Also on the site, it looks like they run a TT, that could be fun.

Chuck, first time I looked at the AR PCA website. No dates for 2015. You have insider info. Advanced day for the first would be a bonus.

Thanks for the info Andy and Chuck.
I keep the NASA dates on my calendar because I have a competitive desire to participate in their TT competition at least once in the next year or two to see what it's all about. Some get hooked, some decide it's not for them. I tend to be pretty competitive but don't have the budget or time to race anything on a regular basis which makes the TT appealing for me.

In your situation I'm not sure I'd pull that far for a NASA HPDE event. They tend to be a feeder for the racing that is going on around them and can be pretty crowded and difficult to get clean laps in. Also their Friday format is no different than Saturday Sunday.

Of the two the ARPCA would be the one I'd suggest and Chuck is an amazing rabbit to try to keep up with..note I said TRY. It should be open lapping all day Friday for instructors / advanced allowing you more time than you could ever want followed by the standard saturday / sunday DE format. My personal issue with them was a few years back and as I understand it they have new individuals running the DE program. Some of my very good friends did their event last year and raved about it.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:36 PM
JohnPG
Racer

John,

Check out Motorsportreg.com.

If you do go, we'll have to meet for dinner.
Chuck if I make it out there and I really want to run Mid-Ohio. Most of the folks I know who've been there love it. Some rate it in their top three.

So I think I will get it on my schedule. I'll PM you when it's definite and we can begin making plans. Dinner would be great, as well as a rabbit as Andy suggests.

Some get hooked, some decide it's not for them. I tend to be pretty competitive but don't have the budget or time to race anything on a regular basis which makes the TT appealing for me.

In your situation I'm not sure I'd pull that far for a NASA HPDE event. They tend to be a feeder for the racing that is going on around them and can be pretty crowded and difficult to get clean laps in. Also their Friday format is no different than Saturday Sunday.

Of the two the ARPCA would be the one I'd suggest and Chuck is an amazing rabbit to try to keep up with..note I said TRY. It should be open lapping all day Friday for instructors / advanced allowing you more time than you could ever want followed by the standard saturday / sunday DE format. My personal issue with them was a few years back and as I understand it they have new individuals running the DE program. Some of my very good friends did their event last year and raved about it.
Andy, Thanks for the feedback and the scheduling info. I get the competitive thing. I've been holding off for the last couple of years, trying not to go down that slippery and steeper slope. The one we're on is steep enough. But it keeps calling me, so this year I'm going to do my first pca race. See how it goes. I expect it will be an incredible experience, over and above winning a DE. But I'll probably not do more than one or two if it works out. This obsession already takes enough time and money. Gotta try to stay balanced right.

As far a a first time at Mid Ohio it probably would make more sense to do the 3 days with the advanced day.

Hope to meet you there some time.

Cheers
Old 01-21-2015, 09:14 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Andy,

We haven't driven together for a few years. Can you make this event? I have a feeling you'd see me get small in your rear view mirror, with the times you've been posting. I'm also going to try to get there with NNJR and ACNA.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:53 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Andy,

We haven't driven together for a few years. Can you make this event? I have a feeling you'd see me get small in your rear view mirror, with the times you've been posting. I'm also going to try to get there with NNJR and ACNA.
I'm just at Mid Ohio enough that I can take advantage of when the weather is perfect, get a flier in and post "Hero" lap. I have a feeling that same day and same conditions I'd still have a hard time keeping up.

I'll be there for NNJR for certain. I might just give ARPCA another chance this year and show up for that one with you guys. Good company is a lot of what makes for a great weekend.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:33 PM
JohnPG
Racer

. Good company is a lot of what makes for a great weekend.
^Amen to this!!! Met so many good people, from Canada to Virginia.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:14 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

John: NOR PCA just released their early date which will be May 1-3
Old 01-26-2015, 10:37 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 313 Posts

There is usually a DE in March also. Andy, have you heard of one-towards the end of the month.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:26 AM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Mid Ohio in March would be a little dicey ( or is it icy) .

Quick Reply: Mid Ohio Events