Coolant temp sensor fail?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 09:39 PM
edgy
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coolant temp sensor fail?

Hi guys,

Yesterday I was on my way out to a drive day with the local Porsche club and I got the coolant temp fail notification on my dash, I noted that the temp gauge had not moved from the lowest reading, I pulled over right away to check it hadn't dumped its coolant and all was well back there... So I proceeded to keep driving and a few minutes later the warning went away and the gauge was giving me a temp reading.

Now this has happened once before "exactly" one year ago to the day when I bought the car home from interstate (it was our one year anniversary yesterday ), the only common denominator would be the ambient temps, its winter here and I'm just wondering if this is normal in cooler climates where the temp sensor is out of its operating parameters or whether I actually have an issue... was speaking to one of the older gents yesterday who runs a workshop and he said that its possible that my thermostat is stuck open and its taking too long to get to temp.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:43 PM
Craig911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do a search and check out a previous thread from this forum titled: "Coolant Temp gauge failure after coolant fittings fix" I had a similar problem to yours.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:20 PM
edgy
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Craig911
Do a search and check out a previous thread from this forum titled: "Coolant Temp gauge failure after coolant fittings fix" I had a similar problem to yours.

thanks mate, will post in that thread.

cheers

Quick Reply: Coolant temp sensor fail?