Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leasing Residual on GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 01:11 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not really colm. if the car sold for a discounted price of $50,000, it isn't hard to maintain a depressed value.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:13 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

$25,000 is a greater % of a lower number, so it appears to hold it's value, when in fact, it doesn't.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:26 AM
drafting
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 TT Discounts

Originally posted by docjackson1
karl, maybe the point to make is that with the new 04 tt's being produced in limited quantities, that an uncommon chance occured over the last 7 or 8 months to get a tt at an unusually low price. possibly, the same could be said for 03 gt2's. maybe, that is the take home message. with tt's being made in limited quantities in 04, does anyone think that they will be discounted?
Doc ---

Yes, the '04 TT coupes are being discounted, varying significantly between dealerships. I had one dealer that was offering a $11k discount, but he couldn't turn up an allocation, so he doesn't really count. Two dealers w/ allocations were offering $7k off or more, and I chose the dealer closer to my location. This all transpired just as the info started coming out last month regarding the limited production numbers, so I don't know what the trend is this month. Certainly not as good a deal as can still be scooped up on '03 TTs, which seem to be routinely going for $10k - $13k below sticker. But I wanted to spec the P-car out, and have the last of the model, so worth it to me.

Jeff
Old 08-06-2003, 01:26 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Docjakson1,

I won't argue medicine with you, if you don't argue numbers with me. I am a CPA (non-practicing)!

If I pay $51K for a car that has an MSRP of $61K, and 10 years later a prime example sells for up to $45K...Then I have suffered very little depreciation, even as a % of MSRP, I have suffered very little loss in value (my original point)

I think the GT 3 will experience a similar fate, so I don't worry about it's long-term value.

Check your math again, and if there is a Porsche out there that has held it's value as well I'd like to know about it.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:08 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

colm, what you are saying is correct, as long as the resale values are that strong. hey, you can argue medicine, no problem. everyone who talks to their next door neighbor does. and in the end, if you have enough money for the car, just buy it and enjoy it.
jeff-thanx for the info. good luck with the 04

Quick Reply: Leasing Residual on GT3