Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clubsport cage and seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:32 PM
edgy
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The clutch pedal will put the hairs on your chest that's for sure! you get used to it.

I don't daily mine because my office is only 4kms away and in an industrial area so we get a lot of fall out... It'd do more harm than good. I got a little shopping cart for daily grind.. In saying that, the previous owner of my car was a realestate agent had his office in one the upmarket Brisbane outskirt suburbs and he lived a good drive south near the bay.. He daily drove it for years hence the Kms.. That type of drive I would daily! It's a hard car to stay out of
Old 03-05-2014, 10:11 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 218 Posts

Yeah I also have a beater that I cruise around in to and from work. I dont usually "enjoy" the drive to work so would hate to waste the car on that on a daily basis, however once or twice would be fine .

Well the Exige is offcially up forsale so hopefully, if not in this one, ill be in a GT3 sometime soon!
Old 03-05-2014, 10:18 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
mark is a good guy. met him once at porsche sport driving school at qld raceway.

yes, all 6.2 tourers and clubsports had the dual-mass flywheel from factory.
differences are the bolt-ons indeed.
the seats, cage, belts and fire extinguisher are not cheap though. exercise may cost you up to $15k. +++ any further mods....
Mark had just left before I dropped in but by all accounts i've heard he's a nice guy. They were fairly busy yesterday and I had a chance to see the new 991 Cup that they manage up on their hoist (had a tap in the rear end from hitting a wall in turn 8 at clipsal over the weekend).

Pitty the additonals are so expensive (also why im not prepared to overpay for the car). I found the nomex seats on carnewal for $3750 Euro each, lol. I think some second hand leather are the way to go as they seem more common. But it doesn't look like you'd get much change from 8K, even just putting second hand items in there.

Is the fire extinguisher available still? Where's the best place to search for OE porsche motorsport and other genuine parts?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:58 PM
JarmoL
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Carnewal sells alcantara inserts to replace leather in those OEM leather recaros. That's a good and cheapish alternative if you can't find Nomex seats..
http://www.carnewal.com/products/P96...-P96-GT3-Seats
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 PM
edgy
Banned

Originally Posted by spiller
Yeah I also have a beater that I cruise around in to and from work. I dont usually "enjoy" the drive to work so would hate to waste the car on that on a daily basis, however once or twice would be fine .

Well the Exige is offcially up forsale so hopefully, if not in this one, ill be in a GT3 sometime soon!
I get my girlfriends audi during the week because we don't want to park it at the station.. but she drives our W124 estate to the station, I much rather drive the W124... she hates it. ironic!

good luck with the sale on your exige.

Pitty the additonals are so expensive (also why im not prepared to overpay for the car). I found the nomex seats on carnewal for $3750 Euro each, lol. I think some second hand leather are the way to go as they seem more common. But it doesn't look like you'd get much change from 8K, even just putting second hand items in there.

Is the fire extinguisher available still? Where's the best place to search for OE porsche motorsport and other genuine parts?
Cup catalogue for cup parts (motorsport) - http://986motorsports.com/brad/mfole...2003GT3Cup.pdf

OEM online for everything else - http://www.porsche.com/australia/acc...artscatalogue/

the silver car must be looking attractive right now? By all accounts PPI anything you're even half considering!

good luck!

PS - you can get the extinguisher bracket kits from brey krause or renn-line... I thought I had ordered a rennlin one through a local channel alas that was months ago.. I'll go direct, let me know if you end up needing one maybe we can order together. Im in no hurry
Old 03-06-2014, 08:52 PM
JGB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... My only gripe is its done 55,000 kms. Is this considered high?...
jeez I hope not...I just bought one with 95,000+ kM

Mind you I think I paid a little less than you will...
Old 03-06-2014, 09:06 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

i love w124 mercs!
so, so solidly built. they go on forever.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:46 PM
edgy
Banned

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
i love w124 mercs!
so, so solidly built. they go on forever.

I do marvel at the build quality... I know it is worn out.. but it is true when I look at that car "They don't make em like they use to"
Old 03-07-2014, 03:08 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JGB
jeez I hope not...I just bought one with 95,000+ kM

Mind you I think I paid a little less than you will...
I think you're right . I saw a GT3 for sale in the UK about a year or so ago that had done 380,000 kms. I know these cars are built to be driven, just the resale I was mainly concerned with.

Either way, US and Canadian cars seem to have higher mileage than the aussie cars, yet it doesnt seem to affect valuen or desirablity over in your neck of the woods. Silly of us in AUS I know, but I guess its all relative.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:36 AM
edgy
Banned

This might be worth having inspected spiller?

http://www.porsche-qld.org.au/Porsch...324B15#pagetop

Specs are good & white is fairly scarce, just not sure how hard of a time it has had... PPI should reveal
Old 03-08-2014, 09:52 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by edgy
This might be worth having inspected spiller?

http://www.porsche-qld.org.au/Porsch...324B15#pagetop

Specs are good & white is fairly scarce, just not sure how hard of a time it has had... PPI should reveal
Hmm, I'm a bit turned off by the fact that it's been raced and the weld in cage means I couldn't register it here. I think because of those two factors, his price is rather ambitious but obviously just a start point.

I have also been alerted to a mint 19K car in NSW that has the euro seats and one owner but not currently advertised for sale. The owner might need a bit of convincing to let it go so hopefully the exige moves quickish and I can pursue. By the way thanks for the links to that Motorsport gear, missed those posts earlier.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:13 AM
edgy
Banned

Hmm, I'm a bit turned off by the fact that it's been raced and the weld in cage means I couldn't register it here. I think because of those two factors, his price is rather ambitious but obviously just a start point.

I have also been alerted to a mint 19K car in NSW that has the euro seats and one owner but not currently advertised for sale. The owner might need a bit of convincing to let it go so hopefully the exige moves quickish and I can pursue. By the way thanks for the links to that Motorsport gear, missed those posts earlier.
No worries! Let me know if you want the Sydney car looked at! Glad to help you get into a car if I can!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:22 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks mate, appreciate it . I think the car is located in Bowral but will keep you posted if things progress (which I hope they do!).
Old 03-10-2014, 12:23 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

your exige looks fully sorted!
very nice. glws.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:30 PM
edgy
Banned

Thanks mate, appreciate it . I think the car is located in Bowral but will keep you posted if things progress (which I hope they do!).

No worries, thats not too far!

Quick Reply: clubsport cage and seats