Sponsored by:

clubsport cage and seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 04:59 AM
edgy
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spiller
^^ thanks for that data table mate, ive been looking for that for a while as I remember stumbling across it a couple of years ago!

Yeah the one im looking seems like a very well kept car, just have to decide whether I want to let go of my exige, i'm yet to drive a GT3 but the exige is pretty awesome, especially with 300 HP.

Is yours a clubsport or touring?
Mine is a touring, fairly well optioned. I did want a CS, only thing I didn't get that I wanted was roll bar.

I got the full leather pack too, if I was buying the seats to add to car, I would buy perlon.

Old 03-03-2014, 06:58 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by edgy
Mine is a touring, fairly well optioned. I did want a CS, only thing I didn't get that I wanted was roll bar.

I got the full leather pack too, if I was buying the seats to add to car, I would buy perlon.

So you've had yours since new? What do you refer to when you say "perlon"? Unfortunately this red one has only the ordinary recliners but supposedly quite a few other options, will find out more on Wednesday...

Silver is my second colour preference and there is a clubsport for sale currently but it's interstate and the price is a touch ambitious.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:19 AM
edgy
Banned

No haven't had mine since new.

Perlon is the flame proof fabric material, leather is an option. Not that leather is bad, if
I had the choice it would be the fabric.. You sweat less.

Is that silver one the 04 in Victoria? If so, it looks nice with low Kms, i agree pricing is a bit rich but its a funny market for these cars right now... I can't tell if they've bottomed out with more to go or bottomed out and starting to climb back a bit? One thing I can say is they seem to take a while to move at the advertised prices, but that is probably due to the small pool of buyers for them.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:19 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Ah ok, I thought they called it Nomex, but yeah I would prefer those seats but they seem even less common than the leather buckets.

The silver car is in Vic, I agree, looks like a very tidy car and has a porsche fitted cage.

Regarding pricing, i've been following the market pretty closely for 18 months and anything over 100K seems to sit for months and months and the cars advertised for mid 90 and below usually move quickly (.2s mainly). That tells me they're selling somewhere between 90 and 95 and perhaps even slightly less for a few cars. Because the market is so small, correct price point seems important if you want to move the car, then again most of the sellers probably don't "need" the money in their bank accounts and are happy to have their cars sit for a while. Given all of that, I dont think prices are necessarily on the way up in Aus just yet but it's hard to believe GT3s getting much cheaper isnt it?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:00 PM
edgy
Banned

We may call it nomex here? not sure, maybe thats u.s. terminology perlon? but we're on the same page!

Your bang on, I think in the 90's or a touch over 100 is where 6.2's are/should be transacting, unless its an exceptional example like the SY one with 6000~ kms.

I cannot imagine these cars dropping below the 80's, even for the worst examples... but who knows? The 991 GT3 could do one of two things for older GT3 values.

So are you going to pursue the Guards Red car? it might also be worth seeing if the owner of the Silver one in Victoria has some wiggle room?
Old 03-04-2014, 02:23 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yeah I think even the poorest condition Mk1s wouldnt go for less than 80!

Going to have a look at the Guards Red one tomorrow in person and if I like what I see I will borrow it for the weekend to see if it's something i'm willing to give up the Exige for . Wouldnt hurt to speak with the guy in Vic too but ill wait to see where the friend of mine sits with his price before I do, that way I can weigh up all my options.

There's also that black clubsport for 106K in NSW but looks like its fairly modified and has been available for a long time even at that price...

Last edited by spiller; 03-04-2014 at 03:15 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:05 PM
edgy
Banned

Originally Posted by spiller
Yeah I think even the poorest condition Mk1s wouldnt go for less than 80!

Going to have a look at the Guards Red one tomorrow in person and if I like what I see I will borrow it for the weekend to see if it's something i'm willing to give up the Exige for . Wouldnt hurt to speak with the guy in Vic too but ill wait to see where the friend of mine sits with his price before I do, that way I can weigh up all my options.

There's also that black clubsport for 106K in NSW but looks like its fairly modified and has been available for a long time even at that price...

Snap some pics of it!

The black CS in sydney has been for sale for quite a while... probably as long as a year or more?

By the looks of has done some serious track work, at least its prepped that way this is..
Old 03-04-2014, 09:53 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

black one has serious track history. check everything.
silver one in victoria is a tourer converted with full cage including side bars
which strongly suggests car has been raced. racing regulations require sidebars.

i'd go with your friend's red example since you know the seller and car.
totally different car to exige. the exige has lightweight advantage, but the gt3
has that motor.
if you want to track, better to let the tourer be a tourer though.
better off looking for a good clubsport.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:25 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the input Aussie jimmy, I had a feeling that black one had been flogged a bit. Probably why it's been sitting for so long. I think initially it was a private sale at about 125K and a dealer must have taken a trade and now has it up for sale.

With regards to tracking, I would only be doing a few club days per year so a touring is probably still appropriate for my needs. The cage would be for boy racer purposes more than anything else

Only differences are the bolt ons of the clubsport and the side airbags in the touring right? Both cars have dual mass flywheel because 996.2??

Edgy, I'll try and get some pics...
Old 03-05-2014, 04:21 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

ok, went down and had a look today. Its a may 2003 build, car was originally owned by Roger Lago who is currently racing in the Carrera Cup. Has had about four owners and doesnt look to have done any racing or anything. Has just had new pads and rotors front and rear (OEM replacements).

Condition wise it looks to be very tidy, but for a couple of minor stone chips on the front end. The only sign of some track work is a white rash appearance on the side skirts behind the front and rear wheels from stones flicking up (is this common with all GT3s?) - you can just see the white residue look behind the wheel in the pic if you look closely. I'm thinking its probably done a little bit of porsche club track stuff but not much else.

The interior is OK, driver's seat has a bit of bolster wear but it is all pretty well kept. Full service history with books (goes without saying).

My only gripe is its done 55,000 kms. Is this considered high? I can't help but think about resale as I could see myself driving this a bit more than the exige as its much more streetable compared to that. Otherwise I love the colour and wheels.

Also, were the wheels optioned in that colour or have they just been painted? Have seen a few 6-3s with similar coloured wheels as opposed to the normal silver.

Old 03-05-2014, 06:02 AM
edgy
Banned

Looks nice, I wouldn't worry about the mileage... I just clocked 80k lol, still going strong.

Higher mileage should mean you buy at a lower price, when you sell, you'll sell lower. No big deal

Doesn't appear to have much in the way of options, not that that is a bad thing just my observations.

I think right around 90 is good buying...

I get the marks where stones have done their work after being climbed up by rear tyres

Did you drive it yet?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:58 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

yeah I was thinking the same thing with the price, they're asking 108K so i've got a bit of work to do. I really love the colour scheme above all else and that's the hard bit to find. Definitely does not seem to have many options, no leather wrapped dash, no carbon accents etc but im not too fussed, i'd be satisfied with some nicer seats and perhaps a roll bar/harness bar for track days

Have not driven it yet but it's getting under my skin so going to organise to borrow it for a couple of days. Might also advertise my exige for sale now too. One thing i was very surprised about was how heavy the clutch pedal was to depress!

Do you daily drive yours edgy?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

looks like a nice car.
wheels most probably painted - never thought they came from factory in black.
is that at mark buik's or david light?

really like the red. very rare.
anyway, you will know when you drive it.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:07 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

its down at buiks but i think david light is just up the road...
Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

mark is a good guy. met him once at porsche sport driving school at qld raceway.

yes, all 6.2 tourers and clubsports had the dual-mass flywheel from factory.
differences are the bolt-ons indeed.
the seats, cage, belts and fire extinguisher are not cheap though. exercise may cost you up to $15k. +++ any further mods....

Quick Reply: clubsport cage and seats