Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sideways in the new GT3 ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003 | 07:59 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

now tyson,
don't be defensive, or i'll take your gt3 away and make you drive this [no f.g prada hill chicks in this baby, juz tatoo mamacita gnarlita!!!!!!!]:
Old 07-23-2003 | 08:08 PM
Weng
Instructor

spy shots of the MY05 GT2?
Old 07-23-2003 | 08:14 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

i think it's a BMW from that famous designer they have... trying more leading edge, over the top, out to lunch, Escalade elegance for the shorter pro basketball players. done bin Bangled out.
Old 07-23-2003 | 08:14 PM
Hamann7
User

That red car is so rad.

Hey you never know, that rig might have one of Gemballa's 10000hp motors in it. The motor may last only one lap, but I'll be able to smoke any GT2 that gets it my way.

And those body parts were tested in a wind tunnel. Didn't you know that the crooked bumpers and side strakes create downforce to plant that car at 300mph? Form follows function babeeee!!!

If the GT3 had that bodykit, its downforce would allow faster cornering speeds, thereby making it more stable and tractable than a GT2.

Weng, how do you like your Cargraphic tuning kit, and how many horses are you getting? In my Cargraphic catalog, I believe they make a tuning kit good for up to 430-435hp, with increased power across the powerband.

Theoretically, if you could increase the GT3 Mk.2's power to say 420 or 430 without losing torque across the powerband, would it be a GT2 KILLA???
Old 07-23-2003 | 08:18 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

mod.s always talking mod.s. stick with that red hooker magnet!!!
Old 07-23-2003 | 08:22 PM
Hamann7
User

I have to mod my cars because I stay somewhat monogamous to my machines.

It's sorta like giving my nice prada heeled girlfriend a nice boob job to make her more fun. But alas, I stay with her for a while, just enough to avoid the whole marriage thing and the community property liability that goes with it.

You, on the other hand, swap cars like Charlie Sheen does **** stars and Heidi Fleiss hookers.

So the real question is, will my silicone chested, lipo *** GT3 be able to romp me better than the newest hooker at the Peninsula?
Old 07-23-2003 | 08:31 PM
Weng
Instructor

The Cargraphic tuning kit in my car is rated at 390hp and 405nm torque (don't know what that is in lb ft but its c. +10% torque anyhow). Haven't dynoe'd my car but have seen the Cargraphic dyno charts. The whole torque curve, while carrying a similar profile to stock, has basically moved up a notch .... and you can feel it. The car pulls a lot better at low-mid range and absolutely screams above 6,500rpm (where the +30 hp starts to really show up). I was advised by the Cargraphic guys in Germany not to go for the 410hp kit - for everyday drivability & reliability reasons as they would have to do engine work (it's a 3.8L conversion).

I used to have Cargraphics "Super Sound Export Version" (read : not generally approved for street use) backbox & sportcats before upgrading to the tuning kit's R-exhaust system. The former was spine tingling at full throttle and unbearable at cruising speeds >4,000 rpm. The r-exhaust, which comes only as a complete headers thru tailpipes system, is quieter but gives off a more solid, throatier sound. My only complaint with the tuning kit is that I have a carbon angle attachment that connects the cup filter (orig. air box is removed). The carbon piece causes a bit of air & noise resonance at 2,000-3,200 rpm - typical engine speeds at legal velocity. Hence a constant desire to speed!
Old 07-23-2003 | 11:28 PM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Weng, Ah yes over the DMZ and i bet you stop off for the night in Jahor Boru ...... way to go :-)

Unless someone dropped a GT2 at my door, I would choose the GT3 any-day. The GT2 is dam ugly IMHO and not that much better for a whacking lot more cash, and with only a 0.4sec better sprint to 60 and a top speed only 6mph better than the GT3.

Besides if I had that sort of money it would have to be an Aston Martin Vanquish for me. I was in Southport last week and one pulled up next to me at the lights. I swapped words with the guy and he gave me a spin as a passenger. I tell you guys it really is something that car. Absolutely the sexiest sports car ever. I died and went to heaven and back.
Old 07-24-2003 | 07:16 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Holy Mother of Arbiters of Taste Scouser,

Judging from your little pic of your car, we'll make our own calls based on functionality. And Vanquish, are you serious? My wife wants one, a girls' car... If you're not careful, we'll make you an exact reproduction of tyson's Red hooker handler......

and tyson,

at least car swapping is aids free!! i ordered from wilbur for you yesterday special blue mink Prada covers to match your new car, so you won't miss the footwell lighting. and speaking for your mother, it would be nice if you found a nice Korean girl and settled down. with a little marriage in your life, you could start car swapping.
Old 07-24-2003 | 08:35 AM
Hamann7
User

hey watt,

maybe you could make a contribution towards this cause and get your friend Melinda to attend my party on Saturday.

the vanquish is a good looking car, it's just too bad that its engine is basically two Ford Taurus blocks put together into a V-12. No, seriously... that and some of the switchgear comes from the parts bin.
Old 07-24-2003 | 10:00 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Hey Watt What!
So you can't handle the flack eh What! I said IMHO. It's just an opinion.
Don't lose your rag over it. I see you like my little picture. OK, just for you
here is a big one.

Old 07-24-2003 | 10:03 AM
noony
Racer

I'm afraid to say I don't like the wheels and kit. However the machine itself sounds pretty awesome!
Old 07-24-2003 | 10:12 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Hamann7,
Yeah I agree. It's a dam pitty they chose Ford. I guess they own them now. Down the hill they go. But it is still an Aston Martin. Can you imagine what it would be like if they stuck a P Flat 6 in it. I would still luv to track that baby Ford engine or not.
Old 07-24-2003 | 10:22 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

scouser babeeeeeeeeeeee, we's just pullin' yo chain......

ford has ruined the xjr and let's hope aston survivesm they are beautiful. and it's time for a replacement for the s600. ideas? [need an aston with 4 doors].

tyson,
she's afraid she doesn't know anyone..... call her, i am too busy flippin' cars and burgers to take on boy/girl liability... ps tell her about the prada covers.
Old 07-25-2003 | 06:33 AM
gney996
Instructor

weng;
who is the authorised porsche dealer in spore?its been awhile,the last porsche i bght was from ngo hock-remember that dealer? whats the price with coe for the gt3 in s'pore?

Quick Reply: Sideways in the new GT3 ....