996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

additional power for GT2

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003 | 11:19 AM
Sun Ra
Drifting

i am going to try more wing. this could be the simple solution, but road condition plays a part.

on undulating, truck rutted yet not big bumps nevada back road two lane, the gt2 hunts so much at 150, that if you give it its head and let it hunt at 180, it would need more than the road's width; this of course is not on for roads as opposed to runways as Guy stated.

On mirror smooth 80 freeway the issue seems less muted but i didnt try it above 150 as the freeway has cops.

it was quite fun redlining the car in 2,3,4,5 gear coming out of corners between Austin and Mojave on the way!! and yes the car steps sideways a bit with every shift. the car is more stable under acceleration than top speed cruising.

as for rain, i drove through a Tstorm on thursday at 125 until water stood in the truck ruts and then had to cut to 106 in driving and standing rain. we practised on friday in a Tstorm same speeds 125-100, and then back to 150 as the rain quit. gt2 is not the car to run high in standing rain. i aquaplaned my first one at 125 and it was less than amusing. but again more wing may cure. i have the factory setting still.

i sure wont be lowering the gears in the gt2 as 4,900 in 6th is 150.

Have any of you guys adjusted your gt2 wing? comments? can i achieve enough down force for these narrow wiggly roads??

Quick Reply: additional power for GT2