Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'04 GT3 Race Car @ Holt Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 01:51 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed, but Extremely nice car here though.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:16 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 193 Posts

Street 6 vs 6 cup are very close specwise. Try doing that on a virgin street 7- it'll rape u. Mike
Old 08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I put a deposit on a '04 6 Cup today! PPI next week so keep your fingers crossed for me!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,491 Likes on 2,272 Posts

u will love it.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:09 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

GLWP! ..a few things you might want to consider also:
- if it has sensors (wheel speed, oil temp, steering etc...) make sure you have the right ADL downloaded and ready to go so you can see that they all work.
-put the airjacks up and see they can at least take 30min (but if they're clean/happy shd last hours)
Old 08-04-2013, 01:37 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
GLWP! ..a few things you might want to consider also:
- if it has sensors (wheel speed, oil temp, steering etc...) make sure you have the right ADL downloaded and ready to go so you can see that they all work.
-put the airjacks up and see they can at least take 30min (but if they're clean/happy shd last hours)
Thanks for the advice, there is no Motec Dash or sensors in the car. The shop doing the ppi will modus read the ECU for hours, engine time and highest RPM. The car only has 5500khm on it and looks immaculate.

JF
Old 08-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Holtmotorsports
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys,

The yellow GT3 we have for sale is an awesome car, is super clean and is ready to race. I was easily able to hang with or beat most of the 996 Cups I encountered while running Hoosier R6's as well as set some lap records at NJMP. Its even better on slicks! Oh and the maintenance is less then a cup. Please feel free to call the shop and I'll be more then happy to talk with anyone about the car or just racing in general.

Thanks,
-Tim Jr
Old 08-08-2013, 11:14 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

i am sorry but the maintenance is not less than cup car, other than cheaper fuel.
i have a stripped 6gt3 that's built better than subject car and i also have a 6 cup. same drive, same routine, same track, same cost, beside fuel.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

^ agree, especially with the 6s, but that yellow car is a beauty.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:44 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
i am sorry but the maintenance is not less than cup car, other than cheaper fuel.
i have a stripped 6gt3 that's built better than subject car and i also have a 6 cup. same drive, same routine, same track, same cost, beside fuel.
Mooty - let me know when u r ready to sell the stripper!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:44 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

You are more of an expert than I but I have two friends with 40k track miles on their GT3's and Cup cars seem to need a rebuild at a maximum of 150 hours and that is pushing it way beyond the recommended interval. I think a lot of potential Cup owners are afraid of that rebuild bill and that is where the real maintenance cost difference may be.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Rceron
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
You are more of an expert than I but I have two friends with 40k track miles on their GT3's and Cup cars seem to need a rebuild at a maximum of 150 hours and that is pushing it way beyond the recommended interval. I think a lot of potential Cup owners are afraid of that rebuild bill and that is where the real maintenance cost difference may be.
I would think you would need to compare apples to apples. You put Cup gears in a GT3 and the engine would likely see the same stresses as a Cup engine and need a rebuild just as quick. I'll be first to admit this is from reading and not actual experience.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:38 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
Mooty - let me know when u r ready to sell the stripper!
i crashed it. hopped over a wire fence 4' off ground. SPECTACULAR.
no, i AM SERIOUS.

didn't you reject the silver stripper i helped armando sell?

i have another stripper.
but i move fast. if stripper not gone by monday, i am chopping it out.
you know i have no patience.

just buy a cup or the yellow car on this thread. both nice.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:45 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by good hands
u are comparing DE hours vs racing hours.
if you DE a cup, it will last well into 250 hours. dont over rev and dont miss a shift.

if you want to race, a street gt3 will die as soon as a cup
i raced my stripper, i only use first 4 gears (oem gearing), i go into redline and 80% of the time i shift right before fuel cut off. that motor wont last long. but if you want to win, you do what you have to.

u run R6 on gt3 and slicks on cup, of course cup will tear frame and suspension apart. i run slick on both, my stripper is all monoball (cups are not monoball, contrary to popular believe). my stripper handled way better than oem cup but its also a LOT more $$$ than cup.

but in general, if you truly compare apple to apple in same application, cup and gt3 are essentially the same. maybe cup is $5000 more per year, but that's peanuts in the world of serious tracking. look at your tires cost per year. 5000 is no more than 3 sets of rubber.

i am not trying to prove any point here or point out anyone's wrong. i am just saying i did my OWN experiment and come to my OWN conclusion. and those are my summary. now if you want to run 7 cup , which i also did... well, that's quite a bit more $$$.

that said, i like your spyder. i am looking and maybe .....
Old 08-11-2013, 04:14 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

u are comparing DE hours vs racing hours.
if you DE a cup, it will last well into 250 hours. dont over rev and dont miss a shift.

if you want to race, a street gt3 will die as soon as a cup
i raced my stripper, i only use first 4 gears (oem gearing), i go into redline and 80% of the time i shift right before fuel cut off. that motor wont last long. but if you want to win, you do what you have to.

u run R6 on gt3 and slicks on cup, of course cup will tear frame and suspension apart. i run slick on both, my stripper is all monoball (cups are not monoball, contrary to popular believe). my stripper handled way better than oem cup but its also a LOT more $$$ than cup.

but in general, if you truly compare apple to apple in same application, cup and gt3 are essentially the same. maybe cup is $5000 more per year, but that's peanuts in the world of serious tracking. look at your tires cost per year. 5000 is no more than 3 sets of rubber.

i am not trying to prove any point here or point out anyone's wrong. i am just saying i did my OWN experiment and come to my OWN conclusion. and those are my summary. now if you want to run 7 cup , which i also did... well, that's quite a bit more $$$.

that said, i like your spyder. i am looking and maybe .....
Thanks for your response and it makes sense. I have been running my Grand Am car for 3 years now and am thinking about making the jump to a cup. May just need a little prodding or have the right deal fall into my lap...

Back to the OP... I have raced against this car many times. It is meticulously prepared, extremely fast, and sounds awesome on the track. Whoever buys this will be very happy.

Quick Reply: '04 GT3 Race Car @ Holt Motorsports