Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Come on now... Those looking to BUY a 996GT3

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013 | 07:52 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Default Come on now... Those looking to BUY a 996GT3

...Really am not here to out the gentleman who has been harrassing me. But let me just say this for the benefit of all who are currently in the market shopping for a 996GT3.

State your price range up front and make sure your goals are within those of the seller. I had one gentleman (not the individual who has been less than gentlemanly) who stated up front that my bottom line was higher than his budget. That's FINE if both parties know that going in, and kuddos to my guy for offering that up.

If you think you're "maybe serious" but don't know, then DON'T get upset when someone says "HEY I'd like to buy your car assuming the PPI checks out. When can we get that scheduled?" If you aren't sure, and someone else is, then guess what, THEY are surely going to get the first crack at it.

Third and final comment here. When someone is shopping for a 9 year old nealry MINT GT3 and the owner tells them that there are NO TYPE 2 overrevs, don't treat them as if they are LYING to you. The proof will be in the scans of the DME. I mean seriously, if there are any, they will show up. For myself, I assumed there were one or two, based on my own driving of the car, when there infact were NONE.

Ugh. Guys there are few of these cars left. If you're serious about buying one, make sure you have your finances in order. For every 1 buyer who "might" be interested, there are three looking with cash in hand and trying to find the right color. I appreciate that some are slower at the process and need to feel more comfortable with such a large purchase on a 9 year old car, but that doesn't mean that those of us who have them and are willing to sell are going to move at your pace.

OK, Enough soapbox. Thank you DAX for making my sale so painless.

Mike
Old 03-13-2013 | 08:37 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Our cars are wonderful and worth the 60 g's + I'd still be asking for mine. I agree and not even sure of your asking price.
Old 03-13-2013 | 10:48 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

I'm sorry it sounds like you have really had some winners. Buyers have ranges just as do seller and when they overlap there is a sale. I buy property all the time and there are prices that are not in my budget for that particular use.

Your right, I hope your potentials will man up and do the right thing, be honest with you and themeselves. GLWS
Old 03-13-2013 | 11:03 PM
nycartdealer
Instructor

I am JUST about ready to add one to my garage..not sure what color I want yet
Old 03-13-2013 | 11:52 PM
SoCalDan
Rennlist Member

Nice post...well said.
Old 03-13-2013 | 11:54 PM
Tracky
Rennlist Member

I just wish there was a nice white one for sale....

Oh and I thought you already sold your car?

Edit: looks like you moved onto a mustang..?
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...-gt-5-0-a.html

Last edited by Tracky; 03-14-2013 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-14-2013 | 01:58 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

LOL, no kidding. that's why i usually just dump the car at the dealer.
some buyers are unreal.
others KNOW what they are getting. my 7.1RS and 7.2RS went to RL'ster sight unseen and not even ppi. just my words and wired money in less than 12 hours after one phone call.

too many tire kickers.
Old 03-14-2013 | 02:26 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

selling Porsche's always seem to be a PIA...very few seem to recognize a nice copy versus a slightly cheaper but tired-copy (or one advertied to be much better than it is), seemingly fewer have money to make it happen when they like it...likewise us sellers can hurt our own sales by wanting/waiting to make sure our cars go to the right homes...
Old 03-14-2013 | 06:34 AM
MC 968CS
Pro

I hate the test drive to the point I almost never sell them myself. Always feel like i am going to get killed as a passenger in my own car. Dealers - they do earn their keep selling second hand cars.
Old 03-14-2013 | 08:31 AM
kk2
Rennlist Member

I'm just happy no one wants mine bc it has no a/c.

Makes it easy to hold on to.
Old 03-14-2013 | 09:11 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Guys, My car sold, and the buyer was a gem to deal with. I just wanted to state for some what should be obvious observations for those in the market.

Damage, That's correct. I bought a 2012 Mustang GT as a daily driver I can put tons of miles on without guilt. I'm not done with Porsches, but need to take a time out while the economy sorts itself out.

Happy hunting!
Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 03-15-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2013 | 09:12 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I've sold several cars here on RL and like mooty, I've sold on my reputation and in every case, the buyer called and said they'd take it....sight unseen. They flew out (or drove with a trailer) looked it over, xchanged funds, and hat was that. I don't tolerate tire kickers or those that are ambivalent. If I got any contact like that I ignored the emails and pm's. I always gave my bottom line and said "let me know if you are serious and ill get you the details of the PPI and how to proceed to finalize" as my time is too valuable.

Mike, you could save yourself a lot of grief by just ignoring those that make it difficult.
Old 03-14-2013 | 09:59 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Dell, That's what I did. Quit answering the phone or responding to texts. Andy (Audion19s) hooked me up with a serious buyer who immediately asked to have a ppi done after a 15 minute conversation. We worked it out well. It was just the others, and one in particular, who are why I posted for the benefit of those looking to buy.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 03-15-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2013 | 10:00 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Damn, sounds like you had some persistent ********* on your hands.
Old 03-14-2013 | 10:09 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Glad the car sold and to someone from your description that deserved it.

Your are right we should buy on reputation, even a PPI can only tell you where the car stands that day. I bought my last two Porsches sight unseen and had them shipped to me. Pay a fair price, buy from quality people, and remember that it's a two way street and life seems to work out.

Quick Reply: Come on now... Those looking to BUY a 996GT3