Sponsored by:

finding and pricing a gt3

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:07 AM
martinc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finding and pricing a gt3

Okay, I have a near perfect 02 C4S with all the options. I did my first track day recently at Laguna Seca and had a blast. The car is fun but not fast.

Is there a rundown on GT3 pricing anywhere? Is there a best place to look?

Thanks

Martin
Old 12-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I did it the old fashioned way, searched here, e-bay, auto trader, Panorama, and any other publication or Internet site that had 996 GT3 cars for sale and studied the asking prices. Watched certain cars move quickly and watched certain cars stay on the market for awhile, some due to high asking prices, some due to unknown history or records, etc. I looked at a few and took my time but i eventually found the car and price I was comfortable in spending.

I would say the common range I have seen recently is from $50k to $60k. There are a few just under and a few just over that range as well. One observation you probably will pick up on pretty quickly is that there aren't a lot of 996 GT3's around.

I enjoyed the hunt, researching and learning about these special cars. I can't stress enough on how pleased I am with the car and how happy I am to finally own a 996 GT3.

Good Luck,
Old 12-07-2012, 01:59 AM
SoCalDan
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 70 Posts

Rovman, great post. It took me sometime to find my GT3 and I really enjoyed the process and the owners I met along the way were the nicest enthusiasts I've ever met.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 PM
AutoEntourage
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be selling mine from LA

Quick Reply: finding and pricing a gt3