Sponsored by:

New camera mount pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 AM
Number54
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New camera mount pics

I've had the IO Port camera mount for a couple years now, but decided to try the KW Machine Works one. They come as separate cage clamps and screw-on camera mounts. Here I am showing a 1.5" clamp with a dual GoPro mount. It looks pretty nice, install was easy and feels secure. Hopefully the video will be smooth.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:39 PM
rodneyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

That looks good. I am a GoPro user and that might be an option for me in the future.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice - thanks for highlight that
Old 02-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Ifti
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
Firstly, apologies for resurrecting an old thread, although I have registered particularly to enquire about the above dual GoPro Mount.

Im looking to purchase the dual mount, although do you have an image of the underside of the mount?
Is it a standard tripod 1/4" bolt that bolts into the roll bar section?

I want to attach the dual mount to a standard GoPro mount, but am unsure of what adapter I would need in between since there seem to be no details on the underside of the dual mount an dhow it connects to other mounts - if that makes sense!!

Thanking you in advance.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:35 AM
DHI
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Number54...
What's your feedback on image and vibrations?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Number54
Racer

Originally Posted by Ifti
Hi all,
Firstly, apologies for resurrecting an old thread, although I have registered particularly to enquire about the above dual GoPro Mount.

Im looking to purchase the dual mount, although do you have an image of the underside of the mount?
Is it a standard tripod 1/4" bolt that bolts into the roll bar section?

I want to attach the dual mount to a standard GoPro mount, but am unsure of what adapter I would need in between since there seem to be no details on the underside of the dual mount an dhow it connects to other mounts - if that makes sense!!

Thanking you in advance.
The dual mount attaches to the cage mount with a screw-type attachment which I believe is KW-specific. Just like a bottle top. In the first picture you can just about see the screw thread around the perimeter of the mount base on the right. It does look like there's a hole that might take a camera mount bolt, but really it is nothing. I don't think there's any way to attach a standard single to this the dual mount. I will try to snap a picture later.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Number54
Racer

Originally Posted by DHI
Number54...
What's your feedback on image and vibrations?
Solid video, no issues, no vibrations. The only thing is you have to tighten the articulation bolts more than I thought. After my first session of use, I got out of the car and the camera had rotated from horizontal to vertical! I watched the video and I could see it rotate a bit at each hard turn. Tightened it up and all is fine.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Ifti
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Number54
The dual mount attaches to the cage mount with a screw-type attachment which I believe is KW-specific. Just like a bottle top. In the first picture you can just about see the screw thread around the perimeter of the mount base on the right. It does look like there's a hole that might take a camera mount bolt, but really it is nothing. I don't think there's any way to attach a standard single to this the dual mount. I will try to snap a picture later.
Would very much appreciate a pic of the bottom of the actual dual mount section - that would be great.
Thank you.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Number54
Racer

Would very much appreciate a pic of the bottom of the actual dual mount section - that would be great.
Thank you.
Here you go:

Old 02-15-2014, 01:06 PM
Ifti
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Number54
Here you go:

Thats great, thank you very much for taking the time to take the pic - I really appreciate it.

It looks as though the centre bolt can therefore be removed and the bottom round threaded part can therefore be removed to leave the bottom of the mount completely flush??
Or is that bottom part welded on?

Im wondering if the bottom part can be removed leaving the centre bolt free to be screwed to something else?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:34 AM
Number54
Racer

Thats great, thank you very much for taking the time to take the pic - I really appreciate it.

It looks as though the centre bolt can therefore be removed and the bottom round threaded part can therefore be removed to leave the bottom of the mount completely flush??
Or is that bottom part welded on?

Im wondering if the bottom part can be removed leaving the centre bolt free to be screwed to something else?
Yes, I took another look and it seems like you can remove it. If you look at the first picture in this thread, you can see the view from the top. There is a hex bolt. This goes through the mount and screws into something that looks like a threaded washer (you can see in the last picture, it has a little hole in it). The bottle-top screw thing is sandwiched between the washer and the mount. Hope that makes sense. Nothing looks welded.

Quick Reply: New camera mount pics