Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOR SALE - 2007 Porsche GT3 (ceramic) Unbeatable Deal - Private Seller - 18,500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 11:50 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
All the OP asked was, LV Dell does your car has Ceramics? Not once it was mentioned one was better than the other?

Ceramic definately was an expensive option just like X50 was in a 996 TT or the CF seats in some GT2 etc etc.

The point is, for us street wussies, the ceramics seems to suit us and for you track rats, they don't, period.

Saying they aren't worth anything on a used car would be like, sport seats, deviated stitiching, CF seats etc have no value in a used market ?
Ok, you're correct. It wasn't definitively stated, but it was definitely implied.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 80 Posts

It's a "Discussion" board. we're discussing the merits because the question of "value" of PCCBs was brought up. You may find them of additional "value" to have on a car and may "pay that inflated price" in believing they are of said "value". To guys like Dell or myself, we don't "see" that value, due to the "implied" use of said vehicle.

Track Wheels are far less likely to be replaced. talk to anyone who has ignored the wisdom shared by those here with regards to running PCCBs at the track. They eventually admit failure, to the tune of $6K in replacements for the PCCBs, then put them on the shelf and buy steel rotors to track "assuming" they track.

And you're right, value of those "options" provided on the vehicle may mean something. As example, My GT3 came with the Carbon interior trim package... A $9200 Option when all prices on the bits are totalled from the window sticker. Would I pay that for the carbon bits? Hell no. Somebody found "value" in doing so, and I thank them for doing that. I like the carbon bits just fine, but wouldn't have paid for them. Same with PCCBs. If the car came to me with them used, second hand, I'd be happy to havethem on the car. No way in hell would I pay extra for them, but again, that's just me.

The crux of the matter is simple. OP asked in two separate threads about the vehicle he was listing and if the price was correct. We answered the question by simply stating that it was a bit high for a vehicle that was not PPI'ed. The discussion fell into where we are now simply because of the thought that the PCCBs are or aren't worth the difference in asking price vs what we "think" it's worth. I don't "hate" PCCBs or those who own them. But I also don't find them as cool as their owners do. In the end, if you see value in them and really like them, then great. I won't knock you for having them for your reasons, don't knock me for not wanting them for my reasons.

But hey, again "Discussing" this on this board is why we're all here. Free time not withstanding.

Mike

Originally Posted by C2 Turbo
All OP asked was, LV Dell does your car has Ceramics? Not once it was mentioned one was better than the other?

Ceramics definately were an expensive option just like X50 was in a 996 TT or the CF seats in some GT2 etc etc.

The point is, for us street wussies, the ceramics seems to suit us and for you track rats, they don't, period.

Would you or would you not pay extra for options like sport seats, deviated stitiching, CF seats etc etc?

I think we should let OP sell his car rather than making this thread into PCCB's vs Regular brakes?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
asphaltkingdom
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing what a car for sale stirs up LOL.

Car is detailed and all set to go to it's new owner.... Who's it going to be?

:-)
Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 PM
asphaltkingdom
Advanced

I am dropping the price to $75k folks..... Serious buyers call me - 801-707-7740

You won't find a car like this priced at this level anywhere.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:58 PM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikelly
. No way in hell would I pay extra for them, but again, that's just me.

The crux of the matter is simple. OP asked in two separate threads about the vehicle he was listing and if the price was correct. We answered the question by simply stating that it was a bit high for a vehicle that was not PPI'ed. The discussion fell into where we are now simply because of the thought that the PCCBs are or aren't worth the difference in asking price vs what we "think" it's worth. I don't "hate" PCCBs or those who own them. But I also don't find them as cool as their owners do. In the end, if you see value in them and really like them, then great. I won't knock you for having them for your reasons, don't knock me for not wanting them for my reasons.

But hey, again "Discussing" this on this board is why we're all here. Free time not withstanding.

Mike
So for a discussion sake, lets say there are two GT3's with pretty much similar mileage/condition for sale, one with $164,000 sticker and the other one with $123,000. So you think they should both be priced the same, is that correct ?

Originally Posted by Mikelly
. In the end, if you see value in them and really like them, then great. I won't knock you for having them for your reasons, don't knock me for not wanting them for my reasons.

Mike
That's a good expression but saying PCCB's are not worth the extra money isn't fair? They might be not be a good choice for track guys but for street purpose they seem to do their job just fine.

To the OP,

Try advertising in Autotrader and or cars.com as you will be surprised at the response you will get there.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Nope. I'm saying if the more expensive one is worth it to the buyer, then knock yourself out. It all boils down to the buyer. To "ME" (and that's all I really care about as a seller of many cars and a buyer of many cars) all things equal? I'm buying the lower priced of the two. To "ME" that makes the most sense.

Mike
Old 12-12-2012, 06:22 PM
asphaltkingdom
Advanced

Yes, the car is listed on autotrader as well.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful car. My next car will probably be a GP White 997.1 GT3.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:59 PM
asphaltkingdom
Advanced

Awesome!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
asphaltkingdom
Advanced

Car is still available and more detailed pictures can be seen here
Old 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
asphaltkingdom
Advanced

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...31758626&Log=0
Old 12-31-2012, 12:41 AM
gt3'er
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Haven't looked, but is/was this thread copied on the 997 GT3 forum? Many guys on THIS FORUM would never consider buying a 997 GT3...

Beautiful car at a great price. After driving a friends 997 with PCCB's, I would love to have them on my car...

GLWS, if not already gone...
Old 12-31-2012, 05:51 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by asphaltkingdom
I am dropping the price to $75k folks..... Serious buyers call me - 801-707-7740

You won't find a car like this priced at this level anywhere.
I think this is the right price and now you car will move. I would pay 1k extra for ceramics on a used GT3 if and only if the ceramics were in great shape. I would do 1-2 trackdays a year and mostly street. Between ceramics and changing rims, you're talking about a 60 pound unsprung weight difference which is massive. Good luck with sale, fabulous car. Perfect options as well!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:01 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by gt3'er
Haven't looked, but is/was this thread copied on the 997 GT3 forum? Many guys on THIS FORUM would never consider buying a 997 GT3...

Beautiful car at a great price. After driving a friends 997 with PCCB's, I would love to have them on my car...

GLWS, if not already gone...
Yeah, it's on the 7GT3 forum. Since i'm no longer tracking, and if I could sell my car, I'm a 6GT3 owner who would be all over this car. Thought I had a buyer for mine, and had communicated with asphaltkingdom, but my deal fell through. Unfortunately, my situation hasn't allowed me to actively market my car. The deal I had going was with a local friend.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Yea if this car was available when I was shopping last year, I'd have considered it. My window for purchase was within the range he's asking.

Mike

Quick Reply: FOR SALE - 2007 Porsche GT3 (ceramic) Unbeatable Deal - Private Seller - 18,500 miles