Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of CS or RS cage in 996gt3 in USA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 01:30 AM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what mine looked like with the Clubsport cage when I bought the car. I have removed the front half of the cage, as I was uncomfortable with the bars so close to my unhelmeted head during street driving, even though the bars are padded. It wasn't too big a deal to remove, took maybe 45 minutes. I'm sure it could be done quicker, but that was the first (and only time) I'd done it. I have considered re-installing it for track days, but haven't done so as of yet. If I was to take the car into a hillclimb, time trial or other form of racing, I'd definitely put the front half of the cage back in.
Attached Images   
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian,

Can the door impact bars of the cage be added to the CS cage?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Rceron
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IanM
Here's what mine looked like with the Clubsport cage when I bought the car. I have removed the front half of the cage, as I was uncomfortable with the bars so close to my unhelmeted head during street driving, even though the bars are padded. It wasn't too big a deal to remove, took maybe 45 minutes. I'm sure it could be done quicker, but that was the first (and only time) I'd done it. I have considered re-installing it for track days, but haven't done so as of yet. If I was to take the car into a hillclimb, time trial or other form of racing, I'd definitely put the front half of the cage back in.
That's important info. If I can remove or install the front half in 45 minutes then that's a no brainer. Takes me 15 minutes to swap out driver's seat anyway. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:42 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Note that my cage installation includes studs welded to plates in the front feet areas, so the cage drops into place and I only need to install nuts to bolt it down. If yours uses bolts fed through the floor boards it may or may not be quick to pull in and out.

Side impact bars could be added, but it would be a custom install and you might end up with sharp mounting tabs near your knees.

Quick Reply: Pics of CS or RS cage in 996gt3 in USA?