Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OPEN CALL:Sell me your 6gt3?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012 | 12:20 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Default OPEN CALL:Sell me your 6gt3?

As many of you have seen and been very helpful over the past months or so I have been casually hunting for a 6gt3 and prepping my heart to let go of my 6tt.
I have seen some nice cars and lost Bill911's due to not stepping up a couple of grand which I regret.

I have also identified two strong condendors which I plan to do a ppi on one and likely will do a ppi on the second one as well next week. I figured it would not hurt to ask and see who out there is seriously considering selling in the next few weeks or month.

I tend to think that my budget 48-54k is "in the mkt" for most cars on a private sale and maybe one or two being listed on the normal sites mostly by dealers. Not interested in anything over 54k no matter how nice it is because that is my max budget and that would have to pretty much be a white/black car with all the safety goodies ie gt3 seats, tech bar, 6pts, exhaust plus a ton of cool mods and lower miles extremely well cared for no story car with a good history of maintinence.

50-52k seems to be the sweet spot for a nice enough car that fits my bill with miles in the 20's and decent options that are oem, multiple sets of wheels and tires etc...

Would also consider trade for my 03 turbo that is listed in the fs section which is silver. Silver is not at the top of my list for a 6GT3 as I am looking for a bit of a change. Colors are in order of my preference below:

white
yellow
black
grey
red
blue
silver

Shoot me a pm or give me a call if you have anything that fits into the above.
210-601-4535

Thanks,

Tom
Old 10-10-2012 | 09:10 AM
MSTACH
Burning Brakes

Tom,
my GT3 myabe for sale soon, with lots carbon fiber interior, CF euro gt3 seats, RS roll bar/cage, RS wing and lid, RS front bumper, RS wheels...(45k in RS stuff)
new front bearings, april 2012 guard LSD, jun 2011 revalve bilestein and 600/800 springs - Dan Jocobs setup..
6 point scrotch harnes comp. with hans
currently muffler bypass is installed, but aftermarket muffler comes with a car (do not know brand - it was measured at Lime Rock 93-94 DB)
i think color is artic silver - silverish in day and light blue in night - did not see other 6gt3 with this color yet
new winshield
55k miles
now bad:
- car have little oil leak since i bought it in april 2011 ( gasket between camhousing and cylinder head )
- rock chips from track use ( i did 8k track miles ) i would paint bumper before car goes to new owner
PRICE is in your range, but can't decide at moment

I still have pland another 6-8 track days, so i would be ready in about month
Why i am selling? simple 996 cup car :-))))
Old 10-10-2012 | 10:03 AM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MSTACH
Tom,
my GT3 myabe for sale soon, with lots carbon fiber interior, CF euro gt3 seats, RS roll bar/cage, RS wing and lid, RS front bumper, RS wheels...(45k in RS stuff)
new front bearings, april 2012 guard LSD, jun 2011 revalve bilestein and 600/800 springs - Dan Jocobs setup..
6 point scrotch harnes comp. with hans
currently muffler bypass is installed, but aftermarket muffler comes with a car (do not know brand - it was measured at Lime Rock 93-94 DB)
i think color is artic silver - silverish in day and light blue in night - did not see other 6gt3 with this color yet
new winshield
55k miles
now bad:
- car have little oil leak since i bought it in april 2011 ( gasket between camhousing and cylinder head )
- rock chips from track use ( i did 8k track miles ) i would paint bumper before car goes to new owner
PRICE is in your range, but can't decide at moment

I still have pland another 6-8 track days, so i would be ready in about month
Why i am selling? simple 996 cup car :-))))
Thanks for the info, sounds like a great track car with lots of goodies. If for some reason a car that I am strongly looking at and will decide on in the next 7 days does not work, I will keep yours as a back up since you have planned use for the next month.
Old 10-10-2012 | 06:35 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Good luck with your search.
Old 10-10-2012 | 07:36 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by kk2
Good luck with your search.
Thanks, love that white car you have.
Old 10-10-2012 | 09:00 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Tom, You know my opinion. Don't settle, search for the right car, and ask the right questions, which you are doing.

Here's a comment to those who are reading this thread and considering selling... If you KNOW there is an issue that may have been in your car's history before or during your ownership of it, for GODS SAKE disclose it up front. Save yourself and the prospective buyer the time and grief. It may or may not be an issue, but if you disclose it at the outset, you both "know" with little time spent.

This buyer is a solid Porsche "guy" and a friend of mine. He won't fall for some basket case, so full disclosure is the best aproach.
Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 10-11-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-10-2012 | 09:06 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Rennlist guys who have been on here awhile are pretty good guys... I have more faith in this board than any other.

And Mikelly - just noticed that your GT3 is names Sascha Grey.

-B
Old 10-10-2012 | 09:12 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blake
Rennlist guys who have been on here awhile are pretty good guys... I have more faith in this board than any other.

And Mikelly - just noticed that your GT3 is names Sascha Grey.

-B
She's definitely a screamer among other things : ). Mike
Old 10-10-2012 | 09:30 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

You guys are so Slow... I named her (and posted about it) shortly after I bought her in May!!!

And I made those comments above with cause. I don't carelessly make such suggestions about fuill disclosure.

Mike
Old 10-10-2012 | 09:46 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

LOL - nice!
Old 10-10-2012 | 11:18 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Tom, You know my opinion. Don't settle, search for the right car, and ask the right questions, which you are doing.

Here's a comment to those who are reading this thread and considering selling... If you KNOW there is an issue that may have been in your car's history before or during your ownership of it, for GODS SAKE disclose it up front. Save yourself and the prospective buyer the time and grief. It may or may not be an issue, but
if you disclose it at the outset, you both "know" with little time spent.

This buyer is a solid Porsche "guy" and a friend of mine. He won't fall for some basket case, so full disclosure is the best aproach.
Mike
Thanks for the kind words Mike!
Old 10-11-2012 | 12:36 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MSTACH
I think you have Polar Silver (popular 993-era color and special/expensive color for GT3)
Old 10-11-2012 | 03:55 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Here's a comment to those who are reading this thread and considering selling... If you KNOW there is an issue that may have been in your car's history before or during your ownership of it, for GODS SAKE disclose it up front. Save yourself and the prospective buyer the time and grief. It may or may not be an issue, but if you disclose it at the outset, you both "know" with little time spent.

Mike
Well said. Patience it not something we have but is imperative to find the RIGHT one for you.
Old 10-11-2012 | 07:06 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Mike
Mike, what you don't know is that your cars twin is being inspected as we speak in AZ. Fingers are crossed.
Old 10-11-2012 | 08:01 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Good luck Tom. Hope it works out for you!

Mike

Quick Reply: OPEN CALL:Sell me your 6gt3?