Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering buying this one, opinions please?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:41 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering buying this one, opinions please?

Hello All,

Anyone have any personal knowledge on this car? Still thinking about replacing my 996tt with this. Sellers say they are brokers and that owner has all records and that they will take it to local porsche store for a ppi.

I have never driven one but feel that like so many who have naturally progressed from my current track car to this car say that I will love it and it will force further learning for me. Thanks in advance for any help you have especially if you have personal knowledge of the car. The free car fax seems to look clean although the multiple ownership and no real sign or records of oil changes done, but I would hope folks in the past did the right thing even though there is no record of it.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Old 09-21-2012, 03:25 PM
The NSX dude
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks nice but the price/miles seems slightly high. I think thats a 55k car. The pricing of 996 GT3's seem to be getting RED HOT!

Me likes this one!

http://2shores.com/cars/offers/2004-...GT3/188/detail
Old 09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

If you're not in any hurry, you can drive mine in yellow or parade laps next event we're at together - although I think that might be MSR-H in November. That'll give you some first hand experience, although I think your assessment is correct (and a number of track folks have gone from TT to GT3 for the same reasons you are contemplating).

-td
Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Default white one

Originally Posted by The NSX dude
Looks nice but the price/miles seems slightly high. I think thats a 55k car. The pricing of 996 GT3's seem to be getting RED HOT!

Me likes this one!

Great taste for sure. Thanks for sharing! I guess there are some out there that I have just not even considered like this one.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:48 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by himself
If you're not in any hurry, you can drive mine in yellow or parade laps next event we're at together - although I think that might be MSR-H in November. That'll give you some first hand experience, although I think your assessment is correct (and a number of track folks have gone from TT to GT3 for the same reasons you are contemplating).

-td
What up bruther? I appreciate the offer very much. I will miss you guys till spring of 2013 due to the fact that I am doing the Porsche Sport Driving School which I was able to get into the masters level 1 session next month. Price tag high so I had to give up my 2 fall events but working out hard at Harris Hill Road weekley in both cw and ccw directions.

I will pay your 4 hour track time if you ever want to come join me, as a member they allow me us to bring a guest at 150 per 4 hours so just let me kow if you ever want to spend the morning or afternoon out there?

Thanks for the support! Not in a hurry, I think I will do best to buy the car I want and then sell mine after I take the seats/bar/6pts out and get her pretty'd up if you know what I mean
Old 09-21-2012, 04:33 PM
RSMC
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The NSX dude

Me likes this one!

That one is nice, but a bit expensive. Does white demand that kind of premium?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:39 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 211 Posts

^white is worse if same miles/condition. Yellow is next in price tier. I prefer yellow myself but gotta say never ever a fan of white cars but it looks great on the 6. Mike
Old 09-21-2012, 04:42 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tguaturbo
What up bruther? I appreciate the offer very much. I will miss you guys till spring of 2013 due to the fact that I am doing the Porsche Sport Driving School which I was able to get into the masters level 1 session next month. Price tag high so I had to give up my 2 fall events but working out hard at Harris Hill Road weekley in both cw and ccw directions.

I will pay your 4 hour track time if you ever want to come join me, as a member they allow me us to bring a guest at 150 per 4 hours so just let me kow if you ever want to spend the morning or afternoon out there?

Thanks for the support! Not in a hurry, I think I will do best to buy the car I want and then sell mine after I take the seats/bar/6pts out and get her pretty'd up if you know what I mean
Thanks for the offer! I might take you up on it later this fall! I think waiting for the right car is the right course.

Have fun at the Porsche school! And be sure to give us a report of how it goes!

-td
Old 09-21-2012, 04:43 PM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RSMC
That one is nice, but a bit expensive. Does white demand that kind of premium?
They're probably factoring in the cost of mods to the asking price. Euro seats, belts, harness bar, and exhaust probably cost him the $7k over what is a fair sale price.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:53 PM
tguaturbo
Banned

I personally love white, and the mods are very nice, but I already have gt3 seats, 6pts, tech bar and was hoping to just transfer them out. I guess I could always just sell them.

Looking at one yellow one with pccb with a bar for 64k and clean record for what it seems in OR, but not real thrilled with PCCB's for track just based on what I have heard and cost to replace rotors/pads compared to a girodisk and pagids if you know what I mean.

Hmmmmm, down boy, down, a little self talk always helps in these situations
Old 09-21-2012, 04:59 PM
RSMC
Advanced

This car is still for sale I believe, and looks like it is in good condition. A little high on price, but it also has seats, bar, and harnesses.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...rsche-gt3.html
Old 09-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Bill911
Rennlist Member

My GT3 is still for sale.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:18 PM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kk2
They're probably factoring in the cost of mods to the asking price. Euro seats, belts, harness bar, and exhaust probably cost him the $7k over what is a fair sale price.
I just sold my white car with less miles and all the same track stuff.

This car will sit for quite a while at that price, my 2 cents...
Old 09-21-2012, 09:16 PM
BuckeyeDrew
Instructor

The yellow car in Oregon was on autotrader for $62ish. It was on there for sometime before being traded-in at Sunset Porsche. They initially listed it for $69,995, but have since lowered to $65K.

I think all three cars mentioned in this thread seem over-priced. The market is only "red-hot" for the cars that are priced right. If they are priced high they just sit.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:20 PM
BuckeyeDrew
Instructor

The 996 GT3 that Bill911 has for sale looks like a great car for a good price (if you want it for the track). I would be all over it but I am looking for a fairly stock non-track GT3.

Quick Reply: Considering buying this one, opinions please?