996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First DE in the 6GT3 coming up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012 | 08:15 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

This actually happened to the poor guy who bought my twin turbo 10 miles into his new owner purchase. Pressureplate let go and the bearing/fork were toasted in the process... Was a huge issue for both of us, as there were zero signs of potential concern before it just "let go".

Mike
Old 08-13-2012 | 10:48 AM
SH || NC
Drifting

Originally Posted by 88 Club Sport
Talk to me more Andy......what have you heard ? When parked with the engine off, I have no problem selecting a gear. When running, I cannot get any gear. If I put the car into gear and then start it and release the clutch, I am able to move but not change into the next gear.
This is EXCATLY the kind of issue I had recently. Clutch could not disengage from PP. (link)

Cause was likly different from yours but I had the damaged PP replaced and the throw-out bearing as well.
Old 08-13-2012 | 10:24 PM
88 Club Sport
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the links and info guys......I'm traveling on business for the next t 2 weeks so I have plenty of hotel time to figure out the game plan. It is a bummer that this happened on my first track weekend but that is life.

Id love to drop the motor myself and do the diff/pipes at the same time but work is hectic and we only have 2 more track events before snow comes so I'm tempted to hand her in for the clutch and deal with the diff/pipes later. I was told that the box can be removed w/o a full motor drop and it's only a 5 hr labor bill.......that is very tempting so I can get back on the track.
Old 08-13-2012 | 11:01 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Always tempting to do all at once, but it can also complicate things quite a bit. Probably do the clutch and be done with it.

Quick Reply: First DE in the 6GT3 coming up!