Sponsored by:

6GT3 > B7 Alpina

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 09:22 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
Default 6GT3 > B7 Alpina

So, I decide to take my GT3 out today for its monthly cameo appearance. I was just gonna run to the store and back. Nothing exciting. Well, apparently, someone in my neighborhood got (or knows somebody that got) a BMW Alpina B7. It's really nice looking. I think classier and sportier than a normal 7 series.

As the story goes, my neighborhood has a street light with 2 lanes that lead to a 60 MPH highway. Coming out of the hood, I was in front and the B7 decides he needs to show me how great/fast his new car is. Turns out, he learned something instead of showing something.

Mind you, I very VERY rarely do anything that even resembles a 0-60 run on the stret (read: only 1 time since I've owned the car, right after I got it). I do all my real driving on the track. But he was trying hard and I wasn't in a mood to be trifled with, so I decided to drop the hammer. I even got a little wheel chirp into second.

I saw him in my rearview as I creseted 60, and tapped my brakes. I could see him think about doing a fly by, but he thought better of it and just fell in behind.

All these years of GT3 ownership, I've never felt the need to feed my stop light ego. But I have to admit, it felt nice this one time. What I'd really like is to see the Alpina on the track and run a few circles around it for a more proper educational event.

-td

PS, if you are on this board - sorry! Couldn't help myself! I like your car!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 79 Posts

These are indeed magical machines!

Well done!
Mike
Old 08-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice. It's even better when you annihilate expensive Italian cars. Both my old GT3 and C63 have made short work of F430s.

In a closed course by professional driver, of course.

Quick Reply: 6GT3 > B7 Alpina