Sponsored by:

I'm back...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012 | 11:52 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kk2
And the front, please.

Would love to see the cup lip on a white 6-3.
DONE! I'll post them tomorrow evening...

Originally Posted by DogInBlack
Looks great! May I politely suggest padding on the upright bar, both sides at your legs. It would certainly be an ankle breaker in an incident.
Great call! Thx.
Old 07-06-2012 | 07:43 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Blake

Glad to hear it got put back together. I think you will like what Kent has done to the car. When Kent originally aligned and corner balanced my 6GT3 after putting in the lightweight flywheel, the car handled much better.

Do you know when there will be another full track configuration or loop track configuration? Let me know if you find one.
Old 07-07-2012 | 12:50 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pranqster
Blake

Glad to hear it got put back together. I think you will like what Kent has done to the car. When Kent originally aligned and corner balanced my 6GT3 after putting in the lightweight flywheel, the car handled much better.

Do you know when there will be another full track configuration or loop track configuration? Let me know if you find one.
Hey Pranqster - I saw your "red cup" at Kent's shop on Tuesday... Still looks bad-***! Regarding full or outer track config, I am not sure - but I'll send you a message after doing some digging...

-B
Old 07-07-2012 | 12:51 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

I made it out to the track today, and took pics of the Cup Lip. Here you go:
Attached Images    
Old 07-07-2012 | 12:59 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Also took some pics of the underbody mounting of the clubsport cage. First pic shows the wide angle shot of the PASSENGER SIDE of the car up on a scissor lift (looking to the rear). 2nd & 3rd shots show the front mount points behind the PASSENGER SIDE front wheel, and the 4th & 5th shots show the rear mount points behind the PASSENGER SIDE rear wheel.

Onto the DRIVER'S SIDE - pics #6 & #7 show the mounting point near the front wheel. You can also see the lines bundled & routed down the left side of the car...

(Additionally, you can also see the blue lines on the nuts/bolts. Kent is big on marking all things that can jar loose!)

-Blake
Attached Images        

Last edited by blake; 07-07-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-07-2012 | 09:03 AM
kk2
Rennlist Member

Looks good! Thanks
Old 07-09-2012 | 04:26 AM
bergx7
Rennlist Member

Hey Blake I sold my 997 C2S and am still on the hunt for a 996. Would love to see yours up close to compare size to 997 GT3. I am in PC as well. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012 | 11:02 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

This coming Saturday is a PCA-sponsored track day (for the Parade event). I keep the car at the track, and I'll be out there. You should swing by...

-Blake
Old 07-09-2012 | 04:20 PM
Jim H.
Pro

Thanks for the pics on the cage install. That helps.
Old 07-17-2012 | 10:04 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

UPDATE: Took out the "improved" GT3 for a PCA track day on Saturday... Damn, I love this car. After a very slow and frustrating first session on the track where I was passing out point-bys like candy, a very helpful instructor asked for the keys and said "this is how you do it son". By my 3rd session, I was back in the game allowing the car to dance under a watchful eye...

Guys - the last 4 years off the track is comparable to being celibate.... I now remember why I NEED to track my GT3. Just wow.

-B
Old 07-18-2012 | 02:41 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by blake
Guys - the last 4 years off the track is comparable to being celibate.... I now remember why I NEED to track my GT3. Just wow.

-B
Once track days are in your system it's hard to stay away Good to see your back into loving it after an extended break.

Your pics were very helpful btw, I have the same type of lift as you do, including the planks to raise the car - I was wondering if cup ducts would clear the lift and your pics indicate suggest that they do. I'm presently using GT3 ducts and working on improving my brake cooling so it's nice to know the cup ducts will clear the lift and be a viable option.
Old 07-18-2012 | 11:53 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blake
UPDATE: Took out the "improved" GT3 for a PCA track day on Saturday... Damn, I love this car. After a very slow and frustrating first session on the track where I was passing out point-bys like candy, a very helpful instructor asked for the keys and said "this is how you do it son". By my 3rd session, I was back in the game allowing the car to dance under a watchful eye...

-B
Blake- your story took me back to the 1st time on track in a pcar. Had a '99 996 back then and I was all over the place ie every car passed me. My instructor rode with me at the time but offered to ride in his mustang. Biggest "oh yeah I get it!" ie there's a racing line oh there's a brake zone and keep car in trq band. Then eventually got a 6gt3- wow this car is whole different level. Good job Blake : ). Mike
Old 07-18-2012 | 01:09 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pranqster
Blake

Tim,

the next NASA race July 27-19 is full track...they have a time attack and probably a DE portion so lots of opportunity to drive other than in the race. I might have a lead on some outer loop days as well...I'll do some checking.
Old 07-18-2012 | 01:14 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Blake,

Great to see you back in action....I was at the PCA DE too last weekend trying out my new cup car. Didn't hang around much we took off about 1:00 to start the 1000 mile drive home If you do the next NASA race drop by Tatum Racing and say hello...
Old 07-18-2012 | 01:20 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Foam pads for the lower front cage sections...

Blake, Longacre makes foam padding exactly for that purpose...half round self adhesive hard foam pads that resist scuffing when getting in and out of the car.

Quick Reply: I'm back...