Sponsored by:

Clunking noise front suspension with monoballs

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
runet
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Clunking noise front suspension with monoballs

I installed monoballs and solid caster bushings on the front LCA on the GT3 this winter, and it now makes clunking noises in the front suspension on really rough roads and uneven surface. On track and smooth roads it is silent. Ride hight is normal.

Is this normal after changing out the rubber in the suspension? It sounds like it is on both sides, and happened on both sides at the same time after taking the car back out for the summer so too me this seems like the logical explanation.

I had the Bilsteins overhauled and reinstalled as well this winter, but would be surprised if both uniballs on the top struts gave in at the same time. It is also very clearly clunking noises, no squeaky or creaky noise.

I also think I can hear it slightly in the rear as well (monoballs etc here as well) but if it is there it is hard to hear over all other noises from the rear.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 PM
spare tire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not much to go on. Clunking??
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Have u checked that your swaybar nuts are bolted on tite? Mike
Old 07-03-2012, 08:54 AM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Was going to suggest looking at the drop links, but since it started post-monoball install, I dunno. Good luck, and let us know what you find.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 AM
runet
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Had the car at local indy today to get some new rubber, and asked them to check all the nuts and bolts on the suspension for anything loose.
All four nuts on both droplinks in the front was very loose and was tightened up by the mecanic. Noise is now gone.

Bad one for OPC that did my alignment and obviously forgot to tighten the nuts on the droplinks.

Thanks to all that chimed in.

Quick Reply: Clunking noise front suspension with monoballs