Sponsored by:

Finally got to have a spirited drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Finally got to have a spirited drive

...So some of you may have read that I have a long commute to my client site. It's 75 miles each way. Some of it through some very fun, rural farmland. Today I got to take this "alternate route" home and really had some time to focus on driving the car, matching revs, heel-toe shifting, and making the car work in the rev range.

This car is AMAZING. Above 3K rpms, it really does haul the mail. The lack of weight, and the lack of front drive on the steering was very evident when pushing the car through both tight off camber corners and fast sweepers. The car is just planted and really squirts through corners.

There are a couple things I'll need to change, for sure... The alignment is "tire friendly", and not "driver" friendly. The tires are already on order to replace the NT01s for street use. And I have ordered the Dension 500.

I did notice a sort of Whirring or almost a light growling sound in the rear drivetrain after driving the car the last couple days. It only makes itself evident at the end of a long drive (1 hour plus) and only at slow speeds in 1st or 2nd. A search got me no hits... Ideas?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikelly
...So some of you may have read that I have a long commute to my client site. It's 75 miles each way. Some of it through some very fun, rural farmland. Today I got to take this "alternate route" home and really had some time to focus on driving the car, matching revs, heel-toe shifting, and making the car work in the rev range.

This car is AMAZING. Above 3K rpms, it really does haul the mail. The lack of weight, and the lack of front drive on the steering was very evident when pushing the car through both tight off camber corners and fast sweepers. The car is just planted and really squirts through corners.

There are a couple things I'll need to change, for sure... The alignment is "tire friendly", and not "driver" friendly. The tires are already on order to replace the NT01s for street use. And I have ordered the Dension 500.

I did notice a sort of Whirring or almost a light growling sound in the rear drivetrain after driving the car the last couple days. It only makes itself evident at the end of a long drive (1 hour plus) and only at slow speeds in 1st or 2nd. A search got me no hits... Ideas?
Wouldn't worry about the noise until you get rid of the NT-01's. I swore after my last track day I had a bad rear wheel bearing but it was just the noisy tires. PS2's back on the car and all was good
Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Got the HTRZ3s insalled today. And the Dension 500 is waiting for me to pick it up at the postoffice!

Mike

Quick Reply: Finally got to have a spirited drive