Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pedal height question (brake / gas)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 09:14 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

You know it's funny, my old throttle cable C2 was the easiest car I've ever owned to heel-toe and I in no way thought that the GT3 would be any different.

To me the gas pedal was too low at first. It was never even a thought in my mind until my first track day when I copletely missed the gas pedal on my blip for the first two sessions of the day, nearly every time I missed the pedal!!!

I eventually was able to change my technique to make it work without changing the pedals but it was a BIG adjustment compared to any car I've ever driven.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 AM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 112 Posts

I had the same difficulty at first. So, I put an aftermarket pedal on to widen it a bit, but that wasn't enough. Then, I put a 3/8 inch piece of plywood under the metal pedal, and used it for a while, but as I got used to the car and was braking harder, it felt too high, so I took that out. Bottom line, I just got used to it pretty much the way it comes from the factory, with a slightly widened gas pedal.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:20 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Chuck,

I don't quite follow. You said that you got used to the car and started to brake harder.. wouldn't that mean now the brake is low (because you are pushing the brake pedal lower / harder now)..

I might give the Rennline pedal set a try and get the throttle extension.. (since it looks like the extension is actually below the throttle pedal cover) So a combination of shimming the brake pedal and the throttle extension might work..

Maybe..
Old 12-05-2011, 01:10 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 112 Posts

Yes, I had been using a gas pedal lifter, because like AudiOn19s, the gas pedal was too low for my comfort. As I started to use more force on the brakes, the gas pedal was not too low anymore.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:28 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Got it.. your lifter is under the gas pedal.. I thought you had it under the brake..

Looks like I am the only person with that problem.. ha!

Quick Reply: Pedal height question (brake / gas)