Sponsored by:

RS bumper upper radiator slots

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cwhota

2 cup splitter on the way!!!! Hope you dont loose yours because guess who is going to endup with the puny splitter

Me i will have a cup spare!!!!

MY MOTTO: Never bitch the guy that has the spare parts you may need one day
You only need spare if you plan to go off-roading
Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 AM
cwhota
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Is there a link to the template? Thanks. Mike
The template i took from OZ951
http://www.oz951.com/public/emmypics...ate_emboss.bmp

There is a bunch of interesting stuff on his site
http://www.oz951.com/public/emmy.htm#OZ951

Thanks OZ951
Old 03-03-2012, 03:08 PM
cwhota
Instructor

Francois how do the splitter look now

NOTE: Joy of being single, i can work in my livingroom
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2012, 04:40 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by cwhota
The template i took from OZ951
http://www.oz951.com/public/emmypics...ate_emboss.bmp

There is a bunch of interesting stuff on his site
http://www.oz951.com/public/emmy.htm#OZ951

Thanks OZ951
Thanks. I was looking at his site. Very nice. Looking at the template what scale is it? Are their measurements to the template? Thanks. Mike
Old 03-03-2012, 04:58 PM
cwhota
Instructor

There is a place to verify with a credit card.

I marked it on this one and removed the black part

When i printed this one full page it was 1/8 to perfect so i used it like that.
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:12 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks very good Marc, but then, I expected nothing less from you

BTW, how about a picture from the inside.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:13 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking

starting my radiator tilt (flipped upside down, cut rubber version), under-bumper hole coverup (downforce boost) and mesh (black) grill-fit now. Got a nasty ding from a coin sized rock in the rad which then filled up with dirt and insect goo. I can imagine it wont take long to get worse cosnidering all the wind down here! Yes, and as you may have noted, these are the cheapest mod's you can do, beside the ultra-secret crankcase breather (which has still to be 'approved'). Slowly slowly catchee monkee style.

Just before I plunge in, Thanks for all the detail especially SLOW, OZ and D-uber (aha! now I get the tripy avatar ) whichmakes this all much easier and thus fun!

Baseline: Car was running 82-3 degrees although that is optimal - will see if any changes notably. Hoping it comes from the DF side.

Must do this all this week as 997 thrott body and K&N filter arrived and also sent exhaust off for the cat removal/bypass pipes so next week will be busy! What slope, where?

Gents ...
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
starting my radiator tilt (flipped upside down, cut rubber version), under-bumper hole coverup (downforce boost) and mesh (black) grill-fit now. Got a nasty ding from a coin sized rock in the rad which then filled up with dirt and insect goo. I can imagine it wont take long to get worse cosnidering all the wind down here! Yes, and as you may have noted, these are the cheapest mod's you can do, beside the ultra-secret crankcase breather (which has still to be 'approved'). Slowly slowly catchee monkee style.

Just before I plunge in, Thanks for all the detail especially SLOW, OZ and D-uber (aha! now I get the tripy avatar ) whichmakes this all much easier and thus fun!

Baseline: Car was running 82-3 degrees although that is optimal - will see if any changes notably. Hoping it comes from the DF side.

Must do this all this week as 997 thrott body and K&N filter arrived and also sent exhaust off for the cat removal/bypass pipes so next week will be busy! What slope, where?

Gents ...
Are you going to dyno before and after the throttle body? John did it with the IPD plenum / 997 throttle body combo and didn't have great results but if I remember correctly after seeing what Serge did in his 4.0l build thread with the 997 throttle body john was thinking about trying to play around with it more. Don't remember seeing any follow up if he actually did it in the end or not.

I read the breather thread years ago, I wish someone here had long term experience to report with it. Honestly that's one I'm probably not going near because the last thing I need is my car leaking all over the place.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:19 PM
HiWind
Race Car

I'd like to but no proper dynos handy near me. I've run pretty consistent laps around my track for 6 sessions ie top times are all within .3 so I know my times and with my SOLO I have 20 or so 0-160 kmh runs which I have downloaded. Ave of top 5 runs was 1.99s to 60, 5.74 to 120, 9.41 to 160 all with just filled tank and warm bridestone semis. I also run with a guy who has a non RS 6 with all these mods (and a lighter exhaust and tuned ecu) and he just pulls away on the straights, so those will be my benchmarks.

John said he thought you could widen out the 6 plenum yourself and have same impact - he sounded pretty convinced so there must have been a few tests. I'm going to do all this air flow/breathing stuff first, then let it settle before doing a tune in a few weeks or so. maybe tweak the wing with the shims too.

I'm checking with an Italian pro cup mechanic who'll be here for their off season soon before I do the breather but I think it sounds good for the RS re seals already in place etc...
Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Excellent posts and aero work in this thread. Congrats to all!

The IPD plenum is unnecessary and doesn't work as advertised.
Since I established this fact, If I find the time, I want to dyno the larger TB with the modified stock plenum and compare results. I am curious.
Serge did the right thing and modified the stock unit. Technically, it was my idea but he implemented perfectly.

Regarding the breather, I am running it for some years now and I have some thoughts in the following thread; anyone that has something to add or can correct me please feel free to bump it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...-worth-it.html

post 22

if you want the short version, this is not a must have item..

..on the other hand the ram-air scoop is. (The gentleman with the white/red car has that already..)

Best,
Old 03-05-2012, 04:02 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
if you want the short version, this is not a must have item..

..on the other hand the ram-air scoop is. (The gentleman with the white/red car has that already..)

Best,
Good to know on the crank case vent.. With the motor coming out for the welded cooling lines I'm trying to make sure I do anything within a reasonable budget that is worth doing that would otherwise be a pain with the motor in the car.

I happen to be very familiar with a yellow car that also has the scoop

Back to the front bumper talk...this thread has me seriously considering that too now. I need track seson to start so I can stop thinking about modifying the car and just start driving it again.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:01 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Thanks John - helping me save on unnecessaries and buy more Sunoco GT special

You guys mentioned 4LSerge .... But have you seen/heard much from him since he put the power plant back together? What ever could he be upto?

I shd add that I saw a guy w a 6RS ram air scoop add another piece of CF to the back of the intake to make the scoop that's catching the air about 2x higher than mine. ever seen that? Will post pics next time I see it.

Last edited by HiWind; 03-05-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Add
Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
Thanks John - helping me save on unnecessaries and buy more Sunoco GT special

You guys mentioned 4LSerge .... But have you seen/heard much from him since he put the power plant back together? What ever could he be upto?

I shd add that I saw a guy w a 6RS ram air scoop add another piece of CF to the back of the intake to make the scoop that's catching the air about 2x higher than mine. ever seen that? Will post pics next time I see it.

You are welcome.

Serge is getting married so he is kind of busy preparing the bachelor party. I am the technical consultant.

Post pics of the mega scoop although that sounds more like an air brake
Old 03-05-2012, 05:29 PM
HiWind
Race Car

I knew the Avatar blank meant serious plans were afoot! I've no doubt Mooty or Mike can be relied of for ... ideas, but that might be properly OT.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Getting married?!? How come I wasn't informed? Unless you found a Russian hottie at your club for me, put the bottle down, John.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: RS bumper upper radiator slots