Questions on installing Teq bar/harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Nordschleifer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on installing Teq bar/harness

Gurus,
I'm in the process of installing a Tequipment bar, Euro buckets and Schroth harnesses in my 6 GT3. The bar is succesfully in position (didnt brake windshield !) - is there a certain order of how seat belts and harnesses attach on the front leg of the bar ? Pics would be great too - Thanks
Murat
Old 05-06-2011, 12:31 AM
spare tire
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the bolt that go through the barrel on the bottom connection has to go through the standard three point seat belt just like it was before you put in the bar. Also there is a Brey Krause stainless clevis that your new 5/6 point harness clips to. That also is installed before the barrel bolt is threaded in. There is a sub bar that bolts to the underside of the seat. And the waist belt that attaches to the center tunnel is easy. Shoulder straps are also easy and they just wrap the roll bar and come through the holes in the seatback. If you got the bar to bolt in then you are home free. The problems that I have had with all the ones I helped install is "Any three of the 4 bolts on the tecequipment bar are easy but the 4th bolt requires musseling and flexing to thread in the 4th bolt.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Nordschleifer
Instructor

Do I need that other BK part on top of my Tequipment bar attachment hardware ? Can't I just attach seatbelt and harness together to the front leg of the bar ?
Old 05-06-2011, 03:43 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

The lap harness mounts to the seat and not the roll bar mounting point. However, you need to run the 3-point seat belt through the Euro-seat hole if you intend to use it.

-td

Name:  Harness_Mount.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  80.8 KB
Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Nordschleifer
Instructor

A picture says more than thousand words - thanks a lot guys - still working on it - first track day of the year is coming up and car is still not finished
Old 05-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Malakas
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Anyone have a copy of the install instructions? I'm a little +\- on cutting the door trim...
Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 211 Posts

^if just putting in euro gt3 seats(just 4 bolts) no need to trim
Nething other then don't keep key in ignition then
And reconnect the airbag sensors. Even if u muff that up dealer can reset it or u have a durametric.
Mike
Old 05-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Nordschleifer
Instructor

Just finished installing the GT3 buckets and the Teq bar - I can only say what a PITA ! The trimming of the plastic was the smallest problem - the big deal as others already mentioned is to put in the the last bolt on the front leg of the bar - without crossthreading it. If you are just installing seats thats relatively easy - as Mike said just be careful with the sensor (check out the DIY here on RL)

Quick Reply: Questions on installing Teq bar/harness