Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q About Water Wetter

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:21 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

^ it's a pita. It can be done but it'll take the whole day if diy. It's a pressurized system. U need to empty contents refill with water and WW then drive for 1/2 hr then do that 4-6 times to rid of ^ne air bubbles. There's that vent release thing on top of water expansion tank u release when u park it- u need to open it and wait 30 min then close it when u drive for another 30 minutes. There's a faster way bout half the time is keep tab open when u park or drive but driving make sure it's not stop and ^go temps will ^go way up. When u do park it for 30 minutes check coolant level and add as needed. Mike
Old 04-05-2011, 11:33 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Isn't water wetter used for racing scenarios. You can't use coolant for racing so WW is used in lieu of coolant. Has neone who does not track at all like 100% street had coolant press fittings pop off? I've heard of after the track thingie press fitting blow here and there. Neway I run WW neway since car is 100% track and living in California it never gets to freezing temps. Mike
You are correct - water wetter is used in racing because coolant is not allowed. The problem that we are seeing with the GT3 in recent years is that the "press fittings" are blowing off the cars at speed, and dumping coolant on the rear tires. This would be a sure-fire way to put your GT3 into a wall without any real control... Personally, I have had hoses split due to heat cycling and now replace them once per season. I think this is due to only driving the "6" at the desert track (MMP) in Utah at elevated temperatures.

I don't know of any "street driving" examples where fittings are popping off...

Guys - do a search. This topic has been discussed ad nauseum. I spent 45 minutes reading up on it yesterday.

I's surprised that Mooty and Canuck have not jumped in to this thread... Both extoll the virtues of WW...

-Blake

Quick Reply: Q About Water Wetter