Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 to keep the GT3 company.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 PM
AJM54GT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words about the cars but honestly, I look at the list contained in my signature and its a little embarrassing. Seems like yesterday I was a starving student searching for 50 cent domestic draft happy hours and next thing I know there is a crap load of wonderful cars in my garage. Life.

Enough of that. My question is this. I have a limited budget for suspension work. The GT2's suspension is all stock. Am thinking a about JRZ's and 800/1000lb springs. Is it worth the money to do monoballs front and rear? Or, should I just do the rear? Bars and drop links...bang for the buck seems low. Thoughts?
Old 02-18-2011, 12:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,799 Likes on 2,375 Posts

if u go moton/jrz, you MUST run monoball or else dont bother.
i believe GT2 front upper shock mount is already monoball from factory (GT3 is), so you only need rear.

bar is adj stock

drop links only if you have prob with oem.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AJM54GT3
Thanks for the kind words about the cars but honestly, I look at the list contained in my signature and its a little embarrassing. Seems like yesterday I was a starving student searching for 50 cent domestic draft happy hours and next thing I know there is a crap load of wonderful cars in my garage. Life.

Enough of that. My question is this. I have a limited budget for suspension work. The GT2's suspension is all stock. Am thinking a about JRZ's and 800/1000lb springs. Is it worth the money to do monoballs front and rear? Or, should I just do the rear? Bars and drop links...bang for the buck seems low. Thoughts?
I'm not quite THERE, but I know what you mean - just a few years ago I was messing with $500 broken 944s.

I would start with a bilstein revalve and higher spring rates.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:55 PM
AJM54GT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mooty, Seth et al thanks for the advice. For once I am going to listen and I am having DAS--Dougherty Automotive Services do the suspension work on the GT2. Since the suspension is stock, I think that after 14K miles and 9 years it is time to freshen it up a bit. BTW, Bill Dougherty has been wonderful to deal with and I appreciate his straightforward approach to all things Porsche.

Next week they are going to install: A SPA 4.0 liter fire suppression system, front tie rod ends with bump steer adjustment, solid adjustable caster blocks and inner bearing cartridges, TPC monoball adjustable rear toe links with bump steer adjustment and monoball upper control arms. JRZ Double Adjustable RS Pro shocks with remote canisters and quick disconnects with Eibach 800/1000 springs.

Hallett here I come!!!!

Quick Reply: GT2 to keep the GT3 company.