Sponsored by:

Oregon Raceway Park (ORP) in a 6-GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Is the dp car that gray one in pics- looks way better then Ariel atoms. Wished they put lw panels on the Ariel- looks incomplete. Well hopefully when I get a trailer mooty and I will conga line up there. Very nice momentum track : ). Mike
Yes, the DP is the little grey car.

Hurry up and get that trailer! Or rent one. They are cheap to rent. Or get Mooty to buy a larger 2-car trailer. In fact, he might have a spare 2-car trailer hiding somewhere. He just can't remember that he owns one.

I promise you that you guys will have fun at ORP. It can be run in both directions too.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:23 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

^knowing myself on a new track u will see my car in the wrong direction : (. Mike
Old 11-01-2010, 04:25 PM
micahbones
Racer

Originally Posted by AllanJ
ORP is a fairly new track in Oregon (2 seasons old) and it's located about 2.5 hours east of Portland. It is a crazy fun track that is about 2.4 miles long with 16 turns. Tons of elevation change and it has pretty much every corner type you can imagine.

Blind hills, blind turns, off camber, on camber, rolling hills, and four "straights" provide lots of passing opportunities if your track group doesn't allow passing in turns. It's like driving your own roller coaster. I live 7 hours from the track assuming no CDN/US border hassles and I plan on being there at least 5 times next year. It's that much fun!...
Great track, one that I must drive some day for sure! Your "so-so" driving is much better than that too. : )
Old 11-01-2010, 05:15 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORP RULES
Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, the DP is the little grey car.

Hurry up and get that trailer! Or rent one. They are cheap to rent. Or get Mooty to buy a larger 2-car trailer. In fact, he might have a spare 2-car trailer hiding somewhere. He just can't remember that he owns one.

I promise you that you guys will have fun at ORP. It can be run in both directions too.
I know that SCCA races there, does PCA have any plans to hold an event there? It would be great if they put together a June event to coincide with the Rose Cup race in Portland....
Old 11-01-2010, 06:46 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
^knowing myself on a new track u will see my car in the wrong direction : (. Mike
Maybe we'll run CW one day and CCW the next? Then you can be seen in the wrong direction both days.

Originally Posted by micahbones
Great track, one that I must drive some day for sure! Your "so-so" driving is much better than that too. : )
PJ speaks the truth. It really is a ton of fun. My videos of ORP are so boring compared to the one I posted at the start of this thread. That was my coach driving, Kees Nierop. He's an ex-factory driver and a PSDS instructor. Just a wee bit better than me.

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
I know that SCCA races there, does PCA have any plans to hold an event there? It would be great if they put together a June event to coincide with the Rose Cup race in Portland....
Not sure what PCA's plans are, either for racing or the Oregon PCA region DE crew. Would you want an event the Wed/Thurs before the racing at PIR or Mon/Tue after? Or....?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:23 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe we'll run CW one day and CCW the next? Then you can be seen in the wrong direction both days.

PJ speaks the truth. It really is a ton of fun. My videos of ORP are so boring compared to the one I posted at the start of this thread. That was my coach driving, Kees Nierop. He's an ex-factory driver and a PSDS instructor. Just a wee bit better than me.

Not sure what PCA's plans are, either for racing or the Oregon PCA region DE crew. Would you want an event the Wed/Thurs before the racing at PIR or Mon/Tue after? Or....?
I would think the weekend after allowing folks time to see some sights and rest up from the Rose Cup...
Old 11-01-2010, 08:13 PM
micahbones
Racer

Yes, Kees knows how to drive a GT3. Did you get noticeably quicker with his help?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:14 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
I would think the weekend after allowing folks time to see some sights and rest up from the Rose Cup...
Is the race is on June 11/12 next year? Some friends run track days at ORP so I'll ask if a couple days around June 18/19 can work.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:19 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by micahbones
Yes, Kees knows how to drive a GT3. Did you get noticeably quicker with his help?
Yes, he's a fantastic coach and I've been learning a ton. I've booked him for 6 days this past summer and I'm driving much more consistently and turning faster lap times with Nittos than before I hired him with Hoosier R6. I strongly recommend to anyone wanting to get more from their car to hire a pro coach. It's one mod you can easily move from car to car.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:03 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the pro coach.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:12 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

^ I've never had a coach but I've been coached : (. Mike

Quick Reply: Oregon Raceway Park (ORP) in a 6-GT3