Sponsored by:

FS: Spec Boxster race car

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default FS: Spec Boxster race car

Since setting out to build this car things have changed at home. I don't need to sell the car but I would hate to make this a few times a year DE car until I get back into racing in the next couple of years.

The build is phenomenal and there will be very few built to this level in the Spec Boxster community. With no expense spared and built with every option available, I have invested over 55K to build the car and am offering it for sale at 45K with all extras included. I have attached a web gallery LINK I put together for the car which has the attached for sale flyer as well. Feel free to PM or email me if you have any questions.

If you want to run VIR at the end of this month, she's ready to go!

First session out in the car at VIR:
Attached Images   
Old 06-03-2010, 12:05 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

...this mean you're going to be in the market for another GT3, or just continuing with the turbo for now?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:06 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I bought the Turbo over another GT3 (which I preferred) since I needed back seats to haul the babies around

I DE'd the Turbo this past weekend at VIR and loved it so I can be very happy with that for the time being. A GT3 it ain't, but I really enjoyed bookin' around the track in a stock car and just hanging with friends and family.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

You have car ADD my friend! GLWS!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:22 PM
RJFabCab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

GLWS, my friend.

Come to think of it, I do have a little extra space out front... let's see, if I...

DOH!

Somebody please buy this sweet machine so I can quit thinking about it.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:49 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
You have car ADD my friend! GLWS!!!
I think the ADD hierarchy around here is:
1. Matt (930man)
2. John (mooty)
3. Dell (LVDell)

Originally Posted by RJFabCab
GLWS, my friend.

Come to think of it, I do have a little extra space out front... let's see, if I...

DOH!

Somebody please buy this sweet machine so I can quit thinking about it.
I'm calling your wife later to let her know how great this would be for you and a great teaching tool for the kids on momentum driving
Old 06-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Dell, good for you for arranging your priorities like you do. It is impressive. You seem to do nothing less than 100%.

I "parked" my Spec Miata last year (while leading the NASA points chase) and did a similar action. I was absolutely blown away (after the change) to see how much time the racing thing had absorbed. I felt fulfilled once I re-prioritized and actually got some "business" & "life" things done. It was the proverbial "weight lifted off of my shoulders" once I cleared my slate.

You will see.

Things can always go back to play time later.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM
micahbones
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just looked at the photos...that is a ridiculously clean race car build with incredible attention to detail. Whoever ends up with this, if you are not on the podium it is definitely not the car's fault. : )
Old 06-03-2010, 06:52 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Michael B.
Dell, good for you for arranging your priorities like you do. It is impressive. You seem to do nothing less than 100%.

I "parked" my Spec Miata last year (while leading the NASA points chase) and did a similar action. I was absolutely blown away (after the change) to see how much time the racing thing had absorbed. I felt fulfilled once I re-prioritized and actually got some "business" & "life" things done. It was the proverbial "weight lifted off of my shoulders" once I cleared my slate.

You will see.

Things can always go back to play time later.
It's tough as you already know but having children has totally changed my life (for the better) and the commitment to racing was taking up way too much time. I figured if I dial it back for a couple years and come back to it then I'll be better prepared....and a better Dad and husband for it.

Originally Posted by micahbones
Just looked at the photos...that is a ridiculously clean race car build with incredible attention to detail. Whoever ends up with this, if you are not on the podium it is definitely not the car's fault. : )
Thanks! You ain't kidding. Greg's attention to detail is second to none. The car makes you feel like you are driving a cup car (both looks and corner speeds).....well until you get on the straights
Old 06-03-2010, 10:43 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,799 Likes on 2,375 Posts

yes, i raced full season in my BSR in 2009. it takes a LOT of time.
whatever u think will take, multiply by 5, you are about right.
a two day event, you are out of commission for 4 days.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:36 AM
CC911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dell, with 2 boys, 10 and 11, when I'm not working most of what we do revolves around what they love doing ......... surfing, mountain biking, snowboarding, skating etc ............ doesn't sound so bad does it. I enjoy my car, but regularly pass up on events when family stuff conflicts. No regrets, the time they want to be with us is so limited I enjoy every moment. Great decision on freeing yourself up, you cannot buy back a relationship with your children, it is a lifetime investment.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:34 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Knew it wouldn't last long. Thanks everybody for all the interest. Car is sold pending final inspection and funds. The new owner is getting one phenomenal spbox!

Quick Reply: FS: Spec Boxster race car