Sponsored by:

Track Event #2 With The GT3

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by micahbones
Thanks for the detailed responses LVDell, SH || NC, Mooty, and others. Very informative and useful. I had previously understood stiffer in FSB = more understeer, stiffer in RSB = less understeer, primarily because you are effectively tying together the two sides of the suspension. As you optimize camber and alignment settings plus your suspension for the track, my current understanding is that you want to set the swaybars less stiff to promote independent suspension movement to maximize contact patch / traction. Does not Lotus for example believe that with ideally optimized suspension, swaybars and even a limited slip diff are unnecessary?

Please correct any misunderstanding above...I am still learning. : )
Your logic is sound. About maximizing the contact patch, I'm so stiff that I lift a wheel on off camber tight corners so I had to loosen the rear sway to get some more more weight on the front.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:40 PM
micahbones
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by va122
Your logic is sound. About maximizing the contact patch, I'm so stiff that I lift a wheel on off camber tight corners so I had to loosen the rear sway to get some more more weight on the front.
Ah yes, the three-wheeled stance...love the race pics of RWD cars where the inside front is off the ground while cornering. Definitely prefer a neutral to oversteering handling balance on the kart track, and run quicker laps with such a setup, so softer in front/stiffer in the rear will be my likely setup once I get a 996 GT3. : )
Old 06-06-2010, 04:53 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya like the PMNA Greens?

Quick Reply: Track Event #2 With The GT3