Sponsored by:

Necessary parts for track weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 03:24 PM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Cool, I'm skipping the Auto Club Speedway event with CCA next weekend because I've got to catch up with stuff at home, but I'll be at Buttonwillow in June, just don't know if I'm be up for 1 or 2 days.

I do like the safety wire around the end of the hose trick. I think it's a good stop gap and if you need to get at it, it's a quick snip with the wire cutters. How long did it take you to do it? Any pieces to remove to get at it?

Hopefully we'll see you at BW.
See you in June then. I can do the safety wire fix for you next time I see you. It takes me 5 min because I like it to be jest right. I am sure some people could do it in 1min.

See you soon.

Joe
Old 05-06-2010, 03:38 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 211 Posts

I just bring trq wrench and air guage and if Mooty is there I use his Gt3 as a spare parts car : ) and whatever he has : ). Mike
Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I have a tool bag with SELECT tools and a harbor freight Al jack. Only spare parts I bring is plastic splitter rivets. These have come in handy.

Everything fits in the "frunk" with room to spare for a Motel 6 overnight bag.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:15 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Spare alternator.....
Old 05-07-2010, 02:35 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge944
I have a tool bag with SELECT tools and a harbor freight Al jack. Only spare parts I bring is plastic splitter rivets. These have come in handy.

Everything fits in the "frunk" with room to spare for a Motel 6 overnight bag.
+1 on a bag of rivets. As for other "essential parts" , I don't think there are any if you're driving your car to a DE/TT, i.e. you don't have a trailer full of parts to cover a wide range of potential issues. Low miles (relatively) GT3's are pretty bullet proof at the track (assuming you've taken care of all the pretrack day inspection and maintenance)...I mean that's one reason (of the many) why track rats like them. The only issue I've seen happen more than once is the coolent hose clamp problem. But Murphy's law dictates that what ever part you bring will likely not be the thing that fails

Quick Reply: Necessary parts for track weekend