Sponsored by:

Santa was 2 days early -- JONGBLOED 550s

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 12:18 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tlarocque
Oh, you heard about that:-) I'm pretty excited but the wait might kill me. It seems like there's a track day that I miss every weekend. Now my buddy just picked up Dan's car in Los Angeles and I'm chomping at the bit.

I need to pick up another set of wheels for the track. Yours look really good. I like the center exhaust but I think I have roberga convinced to sell me his old Fabspeed muffler bypass pipes until I can save up some more dinero.

Your car looks just awesome!
I heard about it alright -- it is one of the finest examples in the county. Congrats! Great seller to buy from -- his stuff is better than factory.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:55 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice to hear, thanks. As awesome as the car looks/sounds, I think it will exceed my expectations in person. It has been a pleasure dealing with Jeff and he was very patient in waiting for me to get my "stuff" in order. I have tried to reassure him that the car will be well taken care of. I got some good news from him this evening... transport will be picking the car up tomorrow and beginning its (agonizingly slow) journey to me. I'm excited!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:18 AM
ex10psi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh so here's the lucky buyer of the red beast. i envy you... please take good care of her and good luck with the AC delete living in Phoenix

the AC delete was my favorite "option" very rare!
Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 AM
ex10psi
Racer

and please share photos, keep us updated on how she's doing, dont be a stranger, etc... you see, i have a soft spot for her in my heart, i was the former owner (before jeff) and i pampered her and loved her more than life itself!!

unfortunately got "tempted" (997's are sexy) and traded her in but luckily jeff swooped in bought her within a matter of hours and transformed her into one hell of a beast and cared for her in ways that can only equal how much i cared for her, not sure if that's even possible actually!

missed her too much, dumped the lame 997 c2s, and got me a silver 996 gt3

love my current gt3, but you never forget your "first time"
Old 01-20-2010, 01:38 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

yes - stay in touch by posting about how awesome the car is... you bought a NW icon car and it will be missed
Old 01-20-2010, 03:43 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Wow, pressure is on! Don't worry, I take good care of my cars and this one will not be an exception. I really cannot wait to see this car, its cool that everybody up there has such great things to say.

As for A/C delete, I love it! I have a daily driver so that's not a concern. Whereas some people's Porsches are stored in the winter months, where I live its the opposite. The car will certainly be driven and enjoyed at select events but don't be surprised if a year from now the car is still in the 22k mile range.

If it is at all reassuring to you folks in the PNW, here's a shot of my 22 year old Carrera. My dad bought it brand new, I bought it off of him a couple years back, and its perfect! I took care of it for him growing up, lots of hand washes to earn a few bucks. Had the engine rebuilt this past summer as it was starting to smoke, but other than lots of TLC, that's it. Not bad for 131k miles, IMHO.
Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2010, 04:19 PM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

That's a great looking 911! Great story too!! (that you bought it off your dad) Keep it in the family for sure!!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:21 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

I could have put the pipes in the front seat:-) I should be in Phoenix in the next 2 weeks.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:11 PM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

Please don't forget my pipes! Look forward to meeting you.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:09 PM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tlarocque
Oh, you heard about that:-) I'm pretty excited but the wait might kill me. It seems like there's a track day that I miss every weekend. Now my buddy just picked up Dan's car in Los Angeles and I'm chomping at the bit.

I need to pick up another set of wheels for the track. Yours look really good. I like the center exhaust but I think I have roberga convinced to sell me his old Fabspeed muffler bypass pipes until I can save up some more dinero.

Your car looks just awesome!
Justin said something about a mufler bypass already; now I know who's his go-fast crack dealer! hahaha You should hear the exhaust that is on the car presently; it's not bad.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:22 AM
ex10psi
Racer

sounds like the red beast will be in good hands, that's a sweet lookin 88, love it
Old 01-21-2010, 12:39 AM
tlarocque
Three Wheelin'

She will definitely be in good hands.

Dan, I'm not a dealer, I'm a co-dependent (much like the rest of the RL members). Justin is really, really fired up, I'm glad he was able to get the car from you. He is on the east coast right now, I spoke to him a little while ago and he was really missing his car.

Quick Reply: Santa was 2 days early -- JONGBLOED 550s