Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n00b with a 996 C2 40th Anniversary headlight/foglight switch question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009 | 11:41 PM
Steve2112
Racer

Default n00b with a 996 C2 40th Anniversary headlight/foglight switch question

I am trying to figure out if my headlight switch is bad. When I picked up the car (04 40th Anniversary Edition) the salesman gave a demo of the interior bits, and when I tried it on my own a week later something did not seem right.

He mentioned that the parking light/fog lights are setup for either US or European roads, and moving the switch into different areas or pulling out on the control will do different functions.

It seems like when turning the switch to the left of TDC nothing happens - I assumed that these positions would light up parking lights, but mine does nothing in the two positions to the left when you pull out on the control.

If I pull out the switch while it is in position 1, the fog lights come on (and may stay on depending on how hard I release the lever). If I tap it with a finger, it shuts off.

Does anyone know if there should definately be something lit up when moving the switch to the 2 left most positions?

Here is what my salesman had emailed me:

The positions to the left of top dead ctr are for parking in the street in Europe,leaving the parking lights on one side of the car at a time. Turning to the right, puts parking lights on, next click low beams,pull out a little front fogs,pull all the way out right side rear fog light,no left as that would appear to be brake lights

With that said, I still think something should happen in those 2 left positions.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 09-15-2009 | 01:54 PM
chago996
Racer

the left 2 positions work if you also put the left or right blinking signaling lights on, depending on what side of the street you park

Quick Reply: n00b with a 996 C2 40th Anniversary headlight/foglight switch question