Sponsored by:

28 days for a 12k service

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:32 AM
The Russian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 days for a 12k service

My GT3 has just spent 28 days at an OPC in London for its 12k annual service!!!!
The car went in for its routine service and the only issue I had was a very small leak around the gearbox and another very small leak from the engine. So I got the usual call from OPC a couple of days later saying the engine had to come out to fix the gearbox and engine leaks, also my rear shocks were leaking so needed to be replaced. No real problem as the leaks were all on my extended Porsche warranty. 5 days later they called again saying the leaks from the engine was from a manifold cover but they couldnt take it off as some of the bolts had seized and they need to be drilled out and new ones tapped back in.
The work would have to be subcontracted out. Couple of days later the engine was back in and the car was sent for its MOT. During the test they notice the main oil pipe that runs from the front to the back of the car was leaking so had to be replaced, again luckily for me this was covered by the warranty.
Oil pipe was replaced and then OPC noticed I had a leaking water pipe around the engine. That took another few days to order the part from Germany and replace.
So in all the 12k service cost me £2,000 (most of that was for the rear shocks) and cost the Porsche warranty £7,000 for all the required work. Ouch.
I'm now glad last year I extended the warrant, which cost me about £1,000 as its now defiantly paid for its self. I have now extended the warrant again for another year.

Quick Reply: 28 days for a 12k service