Sponsored by:

How To Spot Body Damage On A Car - Chesapeake PCA Region Tech Session

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts
Default How To Spot Body Damage On A Car - Chesapeake PCA Region Tech Session

How many times have you bought a used car only to find out, other than how useless Carfax can be, that your new purchase that has "never been hit", has actually been repainted? Do you know what clamp marks are? Do you know where a fender is welded to the body and how to look for the welds? Have you ever seen a paint gauge meter in action? If you want to become a better car buyer, please make the time to come out to the Chesapeake Region PCA's next tech session.

Along with tech chair John Patterson, I will be leading this fun session on Saturday April 18 from 9:00am-12:00pm. Over the years, I've picked up lots of helpful hints and learned quite a bit, sometimes the hard way, about what to look for when buying a used vehicle. I've also had numerous friends ask me to come along with them to look at a potential purchase and have saved some of them from making a costly mistake.

I really look forward to passing along some of the knowledge that I've learned in order to help people become better car buyers.

~Mark Lee

Date: Saturday, April 18

Time: 9:00 AM -12:00 PM

Place: 2238A Rock Spring Road
Forest Hill, MD 21050

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...050_1107573147

Cost: Free to attend.

RSVP: Please RSVP to John Patterson - tech@pcachs.org

Info: Are you sure that the car you’re thinking of buying hasn’t been hit? Do you know about the secret places to check for a fender replacement? Do you know what clamp marks are? If you answered “no” to any of these questions, this tech session might be perfect for you. Mark Lee and Tech Chair John Patterson will show you what to look for and where to look for possible damage. This tech session could save you a pile of money and keep you from climbing a mountain of headaches!

Please RSVP to tech@pcachs.org so we have an accurate head count for refreshments!

Thank you!!!

http://pcachs.org/tech/tech_used_car.html
Attached Images  
Old 04-10-2009, 01:42 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

seam sealer is sprayed on at the factory and brushed on aftermarket. If you think it has been damaged make sure the liners are removed and a paint meter is used. You will find it.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

bump

Quick Reply: How To Spot Body Damage On A Car - Chesapeake PCA Region Tech Session