Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Rear Wing: Picture and Part No.'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009 | 12:37 AM
MovingChicane
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
I always racer tape my front splitter as u see on pic. On minor offs it's saved my front splitter. Ghetto but it works.
Looks like your running shims with the RS wing in this picture; what track, what shims, and your thoughts on the experience?
Old 03-28-2009 | 01:10 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

I have the 8 degree shims on my car. The track is Thunderhill in willows, ca ( 3 mile 15 turns). Shims help on high speed kinks like T1 and t8. Even with stock wing with 8 degree shims rear felt edgy- on rs wing more stable rear end. U may lose 3-5 mph though on the longer straights but I'm all for stability. Mike
Old 03-28-2009 | 01:09 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

I installed the RS rear wing with 4 deg shims and the RS front lip this winter and have since run PIR, Sears and Thunderhill. Overall my rectal dyno is telling me that the front end feels lighter than before in the high speed turns and the rear more "planted". At Thunderhill I felt a real difference especially in the two turns indicated by Mike. My exit speed in T1 was just over 150kph (93mph but slower than Mike and Dave and the front end seemed lighter than it had been before in similar corners. My first time at Thunderhill and first time on Nitto tires so not the best comparison but I feel there was a definite effect.
When I installed the front lip it didn't come with the adhesive strip and there was a noticeable gap between the lip and the bumper cover. I ran a bead of "Goop" along the gap and the lip has not budged after 6 track days and several marginal trailer loadings.
I purchased the RS wing from Getty Design after they answered my inquiry to MA Shaw...must be linked somehow. It fit after a little reshaping of the LHS socket for the upright but I could not install the covers over the screws as the wing sat too low so I had to use a shim to lift the wing. I have both the 4 and 8 deg shims and I plan to try them both out this summer in a high speed timed solo 1 event that I run several times a year. I should be able to compare times with the runs last year with the stock wing and the RS wing this year with the different shims.
Old 03-28-2009 | 02:21 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Leigh2- for 1st time at thill u did quite well. What laptimes were u getting there? I believe 1st time at thill I did a 2:09 there with cyclone. Hope to see more of u this year- these cars are great : ). Regards. Mike
Old 03-28-2009 | 06:30 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Mike we usually come down with two cars and we inadvertently left the gps unit in the other car at the shop so no lap times. Next time. It's a great track that we all enjoyed so we'll be back for sure. Definitely worth the 5 days of driving to get there and back when there was an adjacent two day event at Sears.
cheers, Peter

Quick Reply: RS Rear Wing: Picture and Part No.'s