Sponsored by:

WTB roll bar, harness(es)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:00 PM
fve
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB roll bar, harness(es)

I, just recently, purchased the gt3 seats. Looking to buy at DAS, GMG, or equivalent roll bar. Also, looking for a harness(es), ideally the Schroth gt3 ones, but am flexible.

Hoping to do all the stuff at once. Let me know if you have anything you want to get rid of.

, fve
Old 02-19-2009, 04:09 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by fve
I, just recently, purchased the gt3 seats. Looking to buy at DAS, GMG, or equivalent roll bar. Also, looking for a harness(es), ideally the Schroth gt3 ones, but am flexible.

Hoping to do all the stuff at once. Let me know if you have anything you want to get rid of.

, fve
+1 for the GMG bar. It gives an additional inch or two due to shape of the horizontal bar. Downside is that 2 diagonal cross bars make it virtually impossible to get into the back of my C2 to adjust the camera or change the PSS9 settings.

-td
Old 02-19-2009, 07:42 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am replacing my expired ones. If you want to test out some schroths...

The Das bar has a horozontal bar connecting the rear struts and thereby stiffening the chassis.

The GMG, RSS or equavalent are all based on the Porsche Teq bar.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by va122
I am replacing my expired ones. If you want to test out some schroths...

The Das bar has a horozontal bar connecting the rear struts and thereby stiffening the chassis.

The GMG, RSS or equavalent are all based on the Porsche Teq bar.
The new GMG bar is based on the RS club sport bar and has rear kickers that connect the bar to the rear shock towers.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Kavo
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine has a DAS Sport and lives in Valley Forge. I'll PM you with his number.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been looking for a "used" bar for some time with no luck, though I couldn't really decide between Tequipment and other options (including the factory GT3 rear half).

Anyway, I would think that any bar that's bolted rather than welded would have negligible effect on chassis rigidity, even less of a benefit with a multi-piece bar.

I'm looking for some seats, anybody got something for sale?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:14 PM
fve
Advanced

thanks for the speedy replies. It is (sorta) funny that all the responses were in the gt3 forum, none in the 996 forum. I guess that it is all cup-holders and ashtrays over there...but there is nothing wrong with that.

In any case, i greatly appreciate the many leads. Hopefully they will work out, if not hopefully can track some more down.

fve
Old 02-20-2009, 12:02 PM
clubcoupe17
4th Gear

Default Tequipment Roll bar and Scroth harnesses

Hello: I have a almost new porsche tequipment roll/harness bar and GT3 scroth belts available. the items were used for three DE events and i bought a cup car. let me know if you are interested. thanks. wilson
Old 02-21-2009, 03:56 PM
fve
Advanced

Thanks for your responses. Likely found local DAS bar, will (hopefully) get tomorrow. Still trying to sort out the harnesses, waiting to hear back from some folks. fve
Old 02-21-2009, 04:34 PM
fve
Advanced

and there it is. Got some started harnesses lined up.

Thank you Kavo. Thank you V(ictor)122--i hope to put the harnesses to ...use. gives me ideas...

fve
Old 02-21-2009, 06:46 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ahmet
I've been looking for a "used" bar for some time with no luck, though I couldn't really decide between Tequipment and other options (including the factory GT3 rear half).

Anyway, I would think that any bar that's bolted rather than welded would have negligible effect on chassis rigidity, even less of a benefit with a multi-piece bar.

I'm looking for some seats, anybody got something for sale?
You gotta be joking, right!! Look in the classifieds and also on 6speed and you'll find seats and a rollbar for sure. Every week I see either a set of GT3 seats or some sort of a rollbar. Look closely....
Old 02-22-2009, 02:22 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't normally go to 6speed, but will check there. I have been looking at the classifieds here, with no luck. There was a factory (rear) roll cage for the GT3 I wanted, but it wasn't complete. Currently I'm leaning on a Tequipment bar and some Recaro SPG or Pole Position seats...
Old 02-22-2009, 11:31 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

You can either look for a for sale thread or start a WTB in the GT3 forum. You will get offers within a few days. Make sure to check 6speed.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will do, now actually. I have started checking 6speed, there's not anything that stands out currently, but looks like stuff pops up often.
Thanks.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default WTB Tequipment Roll bar and/or track seats (Recaro or Sparco)

As the title says, I'm looking to purchase a Tequipment (possibly another) roll bar for a 996. Also looking for Recaro SPG or Pole Position seats, or Sparco Evo (or the like) seats with mounting hardware. Let me know if you have anything or know of something for sale.

I'm located in Raleigh/Cary NC, zip 27511. Feel free to pm or email me.
Thanks

Quick Reply: WTB roll bar, harness(es)