Sponsored by:

Trade Exige S240 for white 996 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:02 AM
fastpapaw
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, I surrender!!

Didn't mean to cause such an uproar. The only reason I posted is because I had a guy locally who wanted to make that exact trade but his car is red with red wheels, seat backs, and center console. It was just a little too much red for me. And I think the 996 looks SO good in white. In the end I've decided to keep the Exige anyway since I enjoy wrenching on the car also.

Cheers!
Mike
Old 02-18-2009, 08:07 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

No need to surrender. You made an honest mistake an one that is typical of internet forums. ANyway, best of luck with the sale of your Lotus. It's a great group of guys here so just make sure and come join our phunny pharm when you pick up a GT3

Last edited by LVDell; 02-18-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 AM
swbatte
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that if you do decide to go the GT3 route that the advice to sell your car first is sound. Reason being - it seems like 1/3 of the posts on this forum lately are about a very low priced GT3 selling somewhere. It seems to be a buyers market on our cars right now.

That may be true of your Lotus - but I don't know if it is or not.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:11 PM
brucegre
Banned

Originally Posted by CWay27
Hey Bruce, I see you're in the mood for adding and not replacing..... The stable is getting bigger and bigger and so is the track side garage
Ahh, I think I better slow down for a while (on the acquisition front anyway) - but we're building like crazy right now, at the drywall stage on the building and it will be open in the spring - finally somewhere warm to hang out! Pictures should be up on the website in about 2 weeks.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:36 PM
spenny_b
Rennlist Member

Swapping a GT3 for an S240 isn't as daft as it sounds - a very good pal of mine bought his Mk2 Speed Yellow GT3 a few weeks before me - simply didn't flick his switch and was always conscious of having "that amount of money tied up in the car" (and being driven on trackdays).

He came from a Series 2 Elise, then into the GT3, sold it after about 4mths and got into an s240 Exige...and loves it to bits, it just suits his needs and preferences better (plus, he sold the GT3 for a little more (yes, more!) than he bought for. The Exige enabled him to bank a load of $$$'s as well). Finances aside, he simply prefers it to drive, more his cup of cha.

My Brother has a S2 Elise 111R, his second Elise, and I have to confess that in a back-to-basics visceral kind of way, I have been tempted to trade in mine and buy his off him and bank the difference. Very different cars, and I guess to us Brits, has a certain amount of "Made in England"-ness about it....folks/strokes...
Old 02-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

The Exige certainly gives new meaning to the term "feedback", which really adds to the fun factor over the GT3!
Old 02-19-2009, 03:08 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

not to offend anyone, but in about 6 months and without taking into account the horrible economy (which I will assume hurts the 2 cars equally - though wouldn't be surprised if lotus hurt more), the lotus will be selling for a LOT less than the GT3. If you GT3 owners want one, just wait a couple months. Used Loti are cheap.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:29 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

When you are thinking about Exige even though you already have the GT3, why not kick it up another notch?

Quick Reply: Trade Exige S240 for white 996 GT3?