Sponsored by:

Trade Exige S240 for white 996 GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:53 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Carefree
Sell it outright and buy the GT3 you want!
Great advice. If it's worth "X" and the GT3 is worth roughly the same "X" then you EXPAND your buying opportunities with cash in hand rather than cornering yourself into a virtually non-existent interested party.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:25 AM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

The Exige is a great little car, and is FASTER on some tight tracks than a GT3. They are so different, that for most of us who track our GT3s, it is like the Porsche/Z06 divide. Few of us can appreciate both equally. I agree with Carefree that your best luck will come with selling the Exige outright, and buying the GT3 that you want. It was worth a shot I guess, but as you can see, there probably won't be many takers here. Good luck with getting into a GT3. When you do, please join us.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:02 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,343 Likes on 1,979 Posts

Fastpapaw,

Dell, can be a little rough around the edges. He's a little bit like a Chichuawa (I'm not looking up the spelling), he barks, but then makes nice. That being said, I have to admit that when I saw your post, the 1st thing that went through my mind was, "not even close". Price is one thing, but the track experience is yet another. As others have said, it's probably easier to sell your car and then buy a GT3 rather than a straight up swap. All the GT3 owners I know absolutely love their car and have never mentioned how they would rather have a Lotus. The discussion is always 997 Gt3 or RS.

There's some great deals out there on GT3's now. Good Luck with your transition. I don't know of any GT3 owners who have regrets over the move.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:17 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

bruce, at a tight track, like sears point the GT3 may not have the advantage it usually have against the s240. but at Cal motorspeedway, it will destroy the lotus.

anyways, there are several GT3 owners gone the way of lotus and several lotus owners gone the way of porsche. i did both. i THINK most will add lotus to the stable and not replace GT3 with one.

both great machines, but the really drive different. what i really want if Porsche motorsport would just shove the gt3 motor forward by 2' and add some pushrod suspensions and call it a day ;-)

btw, this is not exige or exige s. it's s 240. it's much quicker than the other exige's. lotus have new models EVERY YEAR. that's why i gave up.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:38 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Pete
Fastpapaw,

Dell, can be a little rough around the edges. He's a little bit like a Chichuawa (I'm not looking up the spelling), he barks, but then makes nice. That being said, I have to admit that when I saw your post, the 1st thing that went through my mind was, "not even close".
LOL Pete! Good attempt at an analogy but I have never seen a chihuahua make nice. I think the best way to describe me is I have no tolerance for ignorance or thin-skinned people that jump to conclusions that just aren't there and then try to attack character, name call, etc.. Further, I will usually say what most just won't. I am sure most people here thought the exact thing I did but just didn't want to tell the OP the truth. I don't sugar coat. I can't afford to in my line of work. If you do, you are contributing to the problem.

Anyway, looking back I am sure the OP now see's that all I was doing is making an honest statement with no malice and that he was irrational in his response to me. I don't expect an apology from him. But know that if I am in the wrong, I will be the first to read back over my irrational post and apologize for it.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:01 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
LOL Pete! Good attempt at an analogy but I have never seen a chihuahua make nice. I think the best way to describe me is I have no tolerance for ignorance or thin-skinned people that jump to conclusions that just aren't there and then try to attack character, name call, etc.. Further, I will usually say what most just won't. I am sure most people here thought the exact thing I did but just didn't want to tell the OP the truth. I don't sugar coat. I can't afford to in my line of work. If you do, you are contributing to the problem.

Anyway, looking back I am sure the OP now see's that all I was doing is making an honest statement with no malice and that he was irrational in his response to me. I don't expect an apology from him. But know that if I am in the wrong, I will be the first to read back over my irrational post and apologize for it.
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2009, 02:05 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ban the OP?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:02 PM
brucegre
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
bruce, at a tight track, like sears point the GT3 may not have the advantage it usually have against the s240. but at Cal motorspeedway, it will destroy the lotus.

anyways, there are several GT3 owners gone the way of lotus and several lotus owners gone the way of porsche. i did both. i THINK most will add lotus to the stable and not replace GT3 with one.

both great machines, but the really drive different. what i really want if Porsche motorsport would just shove the gt3 motor forward by 2' and add some pushrod suspensions and call it a day ;-)

btw, this is not exige or exige s. it's s 240. it's much quicker than the other exige's. lotus have new models EVERY YEAR. that's why i gave up.
Hey Mooty, I haven't had the chance to drive an s240, but it looks like a fantastic car. I've had nothing but fun in the ones I have driven, and I love the platform, I just always wanted to stuff more horespower into them, and that is what's happened with the 240. I will likely add one to the stable at some point, but I do love my GT3 and can't see getting out of it anytime soon.

I have a friend up here is trying to get 300 hp out of his Exige, if he succeeds, I'll be first in line to help him better his skills by watching me drive his car
Old 02-15-2009, 03:17 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by brucegre
I have a friend up here is trying to get 300 hp out of his Exige, if he succeeds, I'll be first in line to help him better his skills by watching me drive his car
Wow....That will be a serious little rocket!
Old 02-15-2009, 03:59 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Ban the OP?
Just having fun with you Dell. I'm sitting in bed with the flu trying to entertain myself. I know your a "colorful" character and are always good for a laugh.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:22 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now the 211 is a much more interesting prospect! I'll trade for that. Think super lightweight open top 240s. I was in one of those and it was nirvana.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Pete
Just having fun with you Dell. I'm sitting in bed with the flu trying to entertain myself. I know your a "colorful" character and are always good for a laugh.
Ah man, that's sucks! The flu is not something I would wish on anybody. A banning maybe, but not bad health

Get better
Old 02-15-2009, 06:48 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by brucegre
Hey Mooty, I haven't had the chance to drive an s240, but it looks like a fantastic car. I've had nothing but fun in the ones I have driven, and I love the platform, I just always wanted to stuff more horespower into them, and that is what's happened with the 240. I will likely add one to the stable at some point, but I do love my GT3 and can't see getting out of it anytime soon.

Hey Bruce, I see you're in the mood for adding and not replacing..... The stable is getting bigger and bigger and so is the track side garage
Old 02-15-2009, 06:56 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Feel better Pete, you've been fighting this for a while.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:11 AM
Steve B in SD
Instructor

Just keep it...
I love mine, and I love my GT3.
Both great cars in their own right, but very different, as pointed out.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Trade Exige S240 for white 996 GT3?