Sponsored by:

GT3 @ Porsche of Colorado Springs and 1st post

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 09:02 PM
///msw3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem solved

Enthusiast test drove the car today, Thank you Enthusiast! The problem of pulling hard to the left no longer exists, the car handles fine now. My question now is, being that there was a problem that everyone here is aware of, would that influence your buying decision in any way, knowing that the problem has now been solved. Obviously cars have problems, but this one led to the car being returned to the dealership, because for a period of time, it could not be solved. Not your typical situation.

The e30 m3's that I own, I made a point of buying cars with a very good history, they were known cars in the e30 m3 community, and I felt that was important to have. I feel the same here, and because this situation did exist, even though it no longer does, it is still affecting my decision to buy. So it plays a part in my mind, does it in yours as well. thanks for all the help you guys have given me
Old 12-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Porsche917K
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a very good price. If you really like the car and the history is the only thing holding you back, why don't you get it inspected by another shop and see what they think. They should be able to tell if suspension parts have been replaced or anything else that looks suspect.

Did the dealer acknowledge that there was a previous problem with the car?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:50 AM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche917K
It's a very good price. If you really like the car and the history is the only thing holding you back, why don't you get it inspected by another shop and see what they think. They should be able to tell if suspension parts have been replaced or anything else that looks suspect.

Did the dealer acknowledge that there was a previous problem with the car?
Yes.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:44 PM
mtn 3
Rennlist Member

Since I was the one that gave this car a "bad rep" I will speak up. After hearing what was done this sounds like the car had an odd but simple quirk that has been fixed. We went through extensive research to try to figure out as I did not want to give the car up because it was a beautiful car. We check everything we could think of right down to sending it to frame shop to check for damage and it was perfect. As touchy as our cars are to alignement having a tire and strut out could very easily have been the issue.
For the record we did two pre purchase inspection and I paid 10k more for this car last year. It only has a few hundred miles more than when I had it.
I would buy the car again today especially at that price.!
Old 12-13-2008, 11:21 PM
///msw3
Advanced

thanks a lot for all of the help guys, I now have peace of mind. I guess I will pursue it further, as it seems like this is the 6gt3 I'm looking for. Thanks again and hopefully my next post will be with a 6gt3 in the garage, or at least in the back of a truck on it's way to my garage.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:20 PM
mtn 3
Rennlist Member

Hey need anybody to get it out to CA? Seems like a nice drive and it could get me out of the snow
LOL
Old 12-15-2008, 01:46 AM
///msw3
Advanced

Originally Posted by mtn 3
Hey need anybody to get it out to CA? Seems like a nice drive and it could get me out of the snow
LOL
there must be some nice space to open up on the drive from Colorado to California, as long as you are not a Broncos fan. just kidding.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:15 PM
mtn 3
Rennlist Member

LONG AND STRAIGHT, and some nice twisty sections as well. Dont do it this time of the year. This 3 is way to clean to be on roads that have been graveled and salted. Trailer that beauty home soon.
Best of luck and a great time to buy in the dead of winter in Co. you will be the only one negotiating for that car for awhile. Just dont kill the rest of our values. LOL

Quick Reply: GT3 @ Porsche of Colorado Springs and 1st post