Sponsored by:

For Sale: 04 GT3 - 9K miles, like new

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Jim H.
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default For Sale: 04 GT3 - 9K miles, like new

I've been absent awhile as I've gotten into the "early S" thing with the purchase of a 67S. I renewed my membership today so I could list my "3" for sale to the largest online "classic" GT3 crowd.

PRICE: Market, looking for advice, please go to end of thread - Location Dayton OH, 45419
  • CW and black
  • 9K miles give or take a couple hundred [EDIT - Just about 10.7 now]
  • A/C, Thicker Wheel, Xenons, and the mats as the only options
  • Factory CS seats (and unused originals), Teq rollbar, Schroth harnesses
  • PFC floating front rotors with PFC pads used for 1.5 events
  • 4 and 8 degree wing shims and unused bumperplugs covers for access hole
  • Still smells and looks like new
  • 4.5 DE events, respectfully driven, never off track, no zone 2 over revs, amply taped and prepared for each event. Minimal but consistent road usage.
  • Clear bra on nose, wheel wells, fenders, mirrors, hood, etc.
  • No door dings, super clean

Imperfections and events I'm aware of (full disclosure): [No change, same great condition]
  • Super minimal road rash in paint from 9K of careful driving
  • Right front wheel with 3mmx2mm paint blemish from a rock. I know this because the wheels routinely come off for a complete cleaning. Slight peppering of paint on spokes
  • One 18" $400.00 underbody scrape repair due to flat tire and trailer loading event, not happy about it but I overspent on the repair to get it looking factory new. More importantly fixed immediately and never exposed to rain, etc. (no undercoating).
  • Inner lips of rear wheels recently refinished to like new to clean up some paint abuse from a tire installer (yes I'm fanatical)
  • One factory repair of a variocam actuator at 1K miles (warranty) that inexplicably stopped working. All work done by Porsche dealership, motor stayed in car.
  • I think that covers it.

It really is a super clean, fantastic looking and driving car. I'm just having more fun driving a slow car fast right now (67S) and the car is beginning to sit unused too often. I would like to include a right of first refusal buy back option if the buyer is amenable.

Please call 937-396-0049 if interested.

Best Regards,

Jim H.
Attached Images       

Last edited by Jim H.; 07-26-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Add location
Old 09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 09-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Jim H.
Pro

Thanks David. Should have included that information.

Car is in Dayton OH, 45419. (original post edited)
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Jetmech
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can offer my delivery services. I drive the car to the buyers destination, and fly back. Flight cost can be negotiated. of course I bought mine in Oregon, and drove to Cincinnati, OH. oh what fun.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Jim H.
Pro

thanks Jetmech. BTW - I spent a few years in front of a couple of Pratt-Whitney F100-220s in the military. From your name, it looks like you spend some time around jet motors as well. Ex-Military?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:20 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

the best color! and great extras!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

nice car.

good luck.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
why are ye not buying?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:50 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,646 Likes on 2,324 Posts

ppl, pls stop posting FS threads.
every time i see one, i feel the need to buy it and drive it home.

jim, very nice car.
but i understand the long nose appeal.
have fun with the early S.

father had a 72S in silver. unfortunately he sold it before i knew anything about p cars.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Jim H.
Pro

Thanks mooty. Like you, I think I'll be back one day.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:46 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
actually, white is the absence of color

But seriously, are you just window shopping for all eternity or buying a some point? If you really wanted a fantastic car for the track, then why no interest in mine before it sold??? Now, here's another nice example so what are waiting for?

As they say, either **** or get off the pot
Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Default 3

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
why are ye not buying?
i got RS fever
Old 09-05-2008, 09:28 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Default 3

Originally Posted by LVDell
actually, white is the absence of color

But seriously, are you just window shopping for all eternity or buying a some point? If you really wanted a fantastic car for the track, then why no interest in mine before it sold??? Now, here's another nice example so what are waiting for?

As they say, either **** or get off the pot

Your car was one of the best i found when i was looking for a 6. Really great additions and all for a great price too. But the color ultimatley killed me. (i was gun-ho on white)

My goal was to have a newer car for this past June, but i was doing alot of homework this summer which brought me to Rennlist. So of course i have firmly decided on porsche (thx guys).

Im finishing one last small race next week to end my season in my old race car and then i will be buying another car before (next summer) June 2009. So hopefully 8 months max until next summer will bleed out a few 7 RS prices as that is what i have decided on...... That being said, really low price white 996 GT3's will be tempting over the next 8 months, especially at less then half price of 7 RS's......

i will be watching......
Old 09-05-2008, 09:33 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

FYI....white was my first choice but my wife preferred the yellow and since the car was a birthday present I can't be choosy

With that said, the yellow REALLY grew on me to the point that I was glad I had it over white. It just looks at home on the track in a loud color like that.

With this market (limited GT3) you have to buy when you find a GOOD example as it is very hard to find exactly what you are looking for.

Mine was setup better than any GT3 I have ever come across and all done recently. The guy that bought my car got a fantastic car with over 140K in it for a measly 78K. If I was in the market for a GT3 I would have bought mine

Don't buy on emotion but understand that you need to buy when the car that fits your requirements is available at a good price (like the one in this thread) b/c these prices are NOT dropping. If anything I have seen pricing in the 6GT3's come up since last year.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:47 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,646 Likes on 2,324 Posts

dell's right as usual. 6gt3 prices are holding very steady at 70-75k for stock cars and a bit more with well done mods like LWFW, gearing, suspension.

and btw, RS prices isn't going to come down much even if the economy tanked more next year. there are only so many RS's.

Originally Posted by LVDell
FYI....white was my first choice but my wife preferred the yellow and since the car was a birthday present I can't be choosy

With that said, the yellow REALLY grew on me to the point that I was glad I had it over white. It just looks at home on the track in a loud color like that.

With this market (limited GT3) you have to buy when you find a GOOD example as it is very hard to find exactly what you are looking for.

Mine was setup better than any GT3 I have ever come across and all done recently. The guy that bought my car got a fantastic car with over 140K in it for a measly 78K. If I was in the market for a GT3 I would have bought mine

Don't buy on emotion but understand that you need to buy when the car that fits your requirements is available at a good price (like the one in this thread) b/c these prices are NOT dropping. If anything I have seen pricing in the 6GT3's come up since last year.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 04 GT3 - 9K miles, like new