Old 08-25-2008, 01:59 AM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Plumley
Nice seeing you guys out there!

Don
it's great you were able to come out, don. it's been too long. i almost thought you gave tracking up.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:10 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Mia and Justin have more brains than the BSR crew combined. I hope they get good jobs so I can keep racing.

The F355 Challenge cars look and sound great. They are not too expensive to buy, but very expensive to keep running.

See you guys at the track. Justin should be at LS on September 7th. It's his home track and he know it very well.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:00 PM
4ng crcs
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I was working safety when Karlooz lost his taillight cluster. We swept up all 214 (or was it 421?) pieces and left most of them in a tidy pile next to the trash bin by the safety crew easy-up.

I think they may still be there when we go back in Sept. Bring plenty of tape, Carlos.

I really do like the new paint, btw. Much more racy than the plain silver. You just need to lose the extra 100lbs or so to keep up the those 3's.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:13 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4ng crcs
I was working safety when Karlooz lost his taillight cluster. We swept up all 214 (or was it 421?) pieces and left most of them in a tidy pile next to the trash bin by the safety crew easy-up.

I think they may still be there when we go back in Sept. Bring plenty of tape, Carlos.

I really do like the new paint, btw. Much more racy than the plain silver. You just need to lose the extra 100lbs or so to keep up the those 3's.
dude, i am SOOOO embarassed

i'll be sure to bring plenty of tape for the next event. it's been a while since i've put together a jigsaw puzzle

100 less pounds, 100 more HP and a lot more talent to keep up with the blacksheep gt3s actually. the car handles beautifully and i seem to catch up to a lot of gt3s out there until we hit the straights
Old 08-25-2008, 01:53 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

That's where their talent takes over!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:44 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
that's adorable, I'm going to have to archive this thread for future inspiration

+1

Seems like your daughter and you are making some great memories John.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karlooz
that tail light was an expensive mistake. bolt came loose (i only hand tightened the bolt) and the light flew off. i was meatballed but i technically had 2 brake lights still :P 500$ stupid mistake.
LOL! Ya i saw you get black flagged and figured it was for the tail light. Actually b/c yellow or white (whatever i was in) lined up after blue/green i saw you John and Dave all get black flagged. You guys certainly hold true to Black Sheep Racing. LOL

Did they let you run there after? Or was that the last session before TT?
Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, i am SOOOO embarassed

i'll be sure to bring plenty of tape for the next event. it's been a while since i've put together a jigsaw puzzle
Carlos why did you remove the tail light in the first place?

100 less pounds, 100 more HP and a lot more talent to keep up with the blacksheep gt3s actually. the car handles beautifully and i seem to catch up to a lot of gt3s out there until we hit the straights
Really? John says he can't pull you on the straights?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:23 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

awesome dude!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Don Plumley
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Carlos - what was the cause of all that moisture under your car? Hope all was okay.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:13 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carnerd
LOL! Ya i saw you get black flagged and figured it was for the tail light. Actually b/c yellow or white (whatever i was in) lined up after blue/green i saw you John and Dave all get black flagged. You guys certainly hold true to Black Sheep Racing. LOL

Did they let you run there after? Or was that the last session before TT?
no, the black flag was for going in too hot in T14 and sliding off.

the meatball was before that. i technically had 2 brake lights, the middle and the left so they cleared me for the next session.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:16 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carnerd
Carlos why did you remove the tail light in the first place?

Really? John says he can't pull you on the straights?
i removed it when i painted the car. just hand tightened the bolt when i put it back on... stupid.

i must be getting a better launch out of the corner. being 300 pounds lighter helps too.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
karlooz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Don Plumley
Hey Carlos - what was the cause of all that moisture under your car? Hope all was okay.
don,

oh you mean old faithful, LOL. water was practically gushing out. turns out there is a coolant bleeder thingamagiggy that the alternator attaches to. the vibrations caused the 8 bolts holding this plate to come lose... 2 of them almost out of their bores! a new gasket, 8 tight bolts and good as new. water pump is still good
Old 08-26-2008, 04:13 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 212 Posts

And I thought your car was crying with all the abuse u gave it : ). Just ordered my flame suit but car still not quite ready. My clutch pedal is vibrating in gear and more so when downshifting. Clutch spring was just replaced so maybe it's missing a bushing or 2 : (. Regards. Mike
Old 08-26-2008, 04:36 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

John clued me yesterday on what your "Black Sheep" thing was all about. How far PCA around here has come (gone?). You guys would not believe how fast/loose/close things were 10+ years ago.............but then everyone at the quick end of the grid went racing, and I guess there was a total turnover.

Quick Reply: Mooty and Mia at TH with Black Sheep Racing