Notices
996 GT2/GT3 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best places in the Bay to get number stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltcjmramos
Colby, check your email. I have a set of numbers you can have since I'm not tracking any more. "116" as I recall. Where is this weekend's event? If close by, I might drop in.
Joe, your honestly too kind. The event is at TH. I'll keep you posted!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 96 Posts

TH! Too bad, too far for me to drop in. Guess I'll go EuroSunday driving then
Old 08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i'll be there friday
Instructing? I just sent Doug an email to see if he needs any more. I don't really care about driving in advance of PDC day, but I HAVE to fetch my truck sometime this week.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:14 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Instructing? I just sent Doug an email to see if he needs any more. I don't really care about driving in advance of PDC day, but I HAVE to fetch my truck sometime this week.
when is PDC day?
i am very lost since i dont follow the 500 email per day list anymore.

no, i am not instructing. i already scare myself enough, no need to have someone else scare me more.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:23 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
when is PDC day?
i am very lost since i dont follow the 500 email per day list anymore.

no, i am not instructing. i already scare myself enough, no need to have someone else scare me more.
Two weeks from today! Mark is light on entries, so if you CAN...........

For the rest of you, it's an open track/open passing/no run groups/7 hours of track time, drive 'til you can't drive any more (record is 410 miles.........in an E30 318) day with the best of the best, courtesy and attitude-wise. Contact me if you'd like to be put in touch with the organizer.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

For the rest of you, it's an open track/open passing/no run groups/7 hours of track time, drive 'til you can't drive any more (record is 410 miles.........in an E30 318) day with the best of the best, courtesy and attitude-wise. Contact me if you'd like to be put in touch with the organizer.
I assume this is only for advanced drivers?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:32 PM
chasen1211
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DAMN!!! That's A LOT of driving! Sounds like a BLAST though!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

i'll be there, fashionably late as usual.

i dont think i will ever get my record back from ramon. i think i was at 350 or 380 miles.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carn3rd
I assume this is only for advanced drivers?
Yeah. Not that everyone has the latest greatest or is the fastest. Just about the experience level and situational awareness. Day pretty much runs like an enduro, but with only 20-30 cars.......so you're sometimes running several laps without running into anyone. OR if you want to informally race/dice/run bumper to bumper with a buddy, that's fine as well.

It's usually a gaggle of Spec Miatas, E36 BMW club racers and those soon-to-be, the odd pro team testing for the 25 hours, and me rolling out 5 or 6 cars to get confused in. And John and Ramon going for the Ironman award.

(Not that it's really publicized, but we award the John Deere hat for the most spectacular off. I was two time defending champion until last year's event. Check this out: http://www.justracing.com/galleries/...lbum=121&pos=0)
Old 08-12-2008, 02:50 AM
Freier
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey Colby,

I just ordered a set from solo time racing. Reasonable price, and they'll be here by Thursday. If you go this route, I'd give them a call and speak directly so they know it's for an event this weekend.

I'll be at TH for Sat/Sun, first time with the Turbo (previously a 993 and that was a few years back). Looking forward to learning more about my car, watching you pro's tear up the track, and having fun!

Scott (#713 this weekend)
Old 08-12-2008, 02:52 AM
mjb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruggles
If you want some custom magnetic numbers through the mail rather than locally, I got mine from DrJupeman here on Rennlist.
That is nice work.
I've been using the static cling type with pretty good success but they are a little fussy to put on. I've heard the the magnetic numbers have tendency for the leading edge to lift or come off completely unless you tape them down. How to DrJupe's perform as far as staying on at high speed?

Also, just FYI, sourced mine from gochecker.com. He's responsive, has quite a few styles and I've been happy with the product.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Yeah. Not that everyone has the latest greatest or is the fastest. Just about the experience level and situational awareness. Day pretty much runs like an enduro, but with only 20-30 cars.......so you're sometimes running several laps without running into anyone. OR if you want to informally race/dice/run bumper to bumper with a buddy, that's fine as well.

It's usually a gaggle of Spec Miatas, E36 BMW club racers and those soon-to-be, the odd pro team testing for the 25 hours, and me rolling out 5 or 6 cars to get confused in. And John and Ramon going for the Ironman award.

(Not that it's really publicized, but we award the John Deere hat for the most spectacular off. I was two time defending champion until last year's event. Check this out: http://www.justracing.com/galleries/...lbum=121&pos=0)
Sounds good. You can count me in in two year than.

Originally Posted by Freier
Hey Colby,

I just ordered a set from solo time racing. Reasonable price, and they'll be here by Thursday. If you go this route, I'd give them a call and speak directly so they know it's for an event this weekend.

I'll be at TH for Sat/Sun, first time with the Turbo (previously a 993 and that was a few years back). Looking forward to learning more about my car, watching you pro's tear up the track, and having fun!

Scott (#713 this weekend)
I'm looking forward to watching the veterans driver as well. Hopefully i can get one of them to give me a ride so i can see what a GT3 can really do!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:20 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

that's a spectacular off? man you guys should have seen the hacks driving the lotus exiges/ turbo elises at buttonwillow on sunday. First run group, literally 7 cars (this is the advanced, open passing group!) go off into the weeds, dust, etc. most involved a 40ft plume of dirt, some with a free set of soiled nomex undies.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:31 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
that's a spectacular off? man you guys should have seen the hacks driving the lotus exiges/ turbo elises at buttonwillow on sunday. First run group, literally 7 cars (this is the advanced, open passing group!) go off into the weeds, dust, etc. most involved a 40ft plume of dirt, some with a free set of soiled nomex undies.
Certainly not the fastest off ever! But, wait until you get there and see how he's about the only guy ever to not go 180 falling off the outside there. Plus, it was in full view of everyone from the pits.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Cruggles
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjb
That is nice work.
I've been using the static cling type with pretty good success but they are a little fussy to put on. I've heard the the magnetic numbers have tendency for the leading edge to lift or come off completely unless you tape them down. How to DrJupe's perform as far as staying on at high speed?
The DrJupe numbers are nice and thin but have good magnetic grip and I have heard no tape is needed, but I always use some simple Scotch tape along the leading edges. Transparent and easy to keep a roll in my track bag. Good insurance.

Chris

Quick Reply: Best places in the Bay to get number stickers?