DE in Sept @ VIR

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008 | 06:07 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool DE in Sept @ VIR

Fellow Listers,

SEPT 20-22 DE(Driver's Education) is now open for registration.

PCA's First Settlers Region Driver's Education will be held at VIRginia International Raceway.

Click on "Motoring/DE(Driver's Education)" on the link below >>

http://fst.pca.org/
Old 07-28-2008 | 10:06 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

3 day event sounds MONEY, worth the trip for me, I am in!!! WIll it be a big turnout?
Old 07-28-2008 | 10:28 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

It's south/south/full course. South is a lot of fun, it's pretty tough on brakes. Does anyone know if the paddock got taken care of? Last year it was full of huge rocks and my windshield got hit three times before the big crack happened. A lot of other guys had their windshield's destroyed as well. I'm not planning on going back unless they fixed the issue.
Old 07-28-2008 | 10:36 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

my gt2 will stay home for the south paddock...... south is a great track very very quick and a blast to drive .... but the rocks are BS...
Old 07-28-2008 | 11:36 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Damn didnt realize it was south course 2 days, blah.. Wanna run full for a 3 day event :|
Old 07-29-2008 | 12:21 AM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Rob and Matt,

We have a plan:

1. VIR will send over their broom tractor to sweep the paddock aisles and the grid every morning.
2. All drivers will be required to bring a tarp or piece of astroturf and park on it.
3. I will be in charge of a contingent of volunteers who will bring and man push-brooms to clear off any rocks that get onto the pavement in the interim.

We have requested of VIR that they take care of this repeatedly, but the latest I have heard is that they are going to install power to the south paddock this winter, and will take care of the paving issues after that construction is complete.

So, we are doing all we can and I believe our efforts will correct the problem for this event.

iLLM3, the event is a three-day event: Sat and Sun on the South Course and Mon on the Full Course.
Old 07-29-2008 | 05:21 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Don I know it's a 3 day, but I want to run 3 day full course like you're Zone 2 in March that I attended, was so much fun!
Old 07-29-2008 | 05:25 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Don I know it's a 3 day, but I want to run 3 day full course like you're Zone 2 in March that I attended, was so much fun!
We(PCA First Settlers Region) do this twice a year. our May event is three day of full course. We do this Sept with south course to have a higher technical course for those who would benefit on it.

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 07-29-2008 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-29-2008 | 07:13 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dbryant61
Rob and Matt,

We have a plan:

1. VIR will send over their broom tractor to sweep the paddock aisles and the grid every morning.
2. All drivers will be required to bring a tarp or piece of astroturf and park on it.
3. I will be in charge of a contingent of volunteers who will bring and man push-brooms to clear off any rocks that get onto the pavement in the interim.

We have requested of VIR that they take care of this repeatedly, but the latest I have heard is that they are going to install power to the south paddock this winter, and will take care of the paving issues after that construction is complete.

So, we are doing all we can and I believe our efforts will correct the problem for this event.

iLLM3, the event is a three-day event: Sat and Sun on the South Course and Mon on the Full Course.
I'm guessing you're not serious. You guys have fun!
Old 07-29-2008 | 08:44 PM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

iLLM3, I understand. Have you driven the South Course? Many of us with lower hp cars love it. Its a bit of an equalizer.

Rob, I am absolutley serious. Track time at VIR is very hard to come by for clubs. Trying to get another weekend is nearly impossible. So, we have to make do, and we are going to do whatever it takes to protect people's equipment.
Old 07-29-2008 | 09:07 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carrera Mike
We(PCA First Settlers Region) do this twice a year. our May event is three day of full course. We do this Sept with south course to have a higher technical course for those who would benefit on it.
Ahh I see, I will def. be doing the 3 day full next Spring!

Originally Posted by dbryant61
iLLM3, I understand. Have you driven the South Course? Many of us with lower hp cars love it. Its a bit of an equalizer.

Rob, I am absolutley serious. Track time at VIR is very hard to come by for clubs. Trying to get another weekend is nearly impossible. So, we have to make do, and we are going to do whatever it takes to protect people's equipment.
Never drove the South course Don... Maybe I would like it, my GT2 can accommodate any time of course the way it's setup , hell even in our Auto X region I am doing damn well, with my road course setup and no adjustments!

How long is the south course?
Old 07-29-2008 | 09:10 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool

Originally Posted by iLLM3
How long is the south course?
http://www.virclub.com/the-track/

BREAK_____
PS.. Ive never seen the mighty GT2 on the track before! Maybe someday!

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 07-29-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-29-2008 | 09:35 PM
Rceron
Racer

PCA Potomac region is having a 3 day event for Sept 5-7 on the full course. There is a thread somewhere on the topic.
Old 07-30-2008 | 12:55 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

the south course is a great track it equalizes drivers! High hp to low hp!
Old 07-30-2008 | 02:10 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carrera Mike
http://www.virclub.com/the-track/

BREAK_____
PS.. Ive never seen the mighty GT2 on the track before! Maybe someday!
Thanks for the link...

Hopefully I run into you at an event

Originally Posted by Rceron
PCA Potomac region is having a 3 day event for Sept 5-7 on the full course. There is a thread somewhere on the topic.
Awesome, have a link???

Originally Posted by 930man
the south course is a great track it equalizes drivers! High hp to low hp!
Good to hear. Will you be at this event and the Sept 5-7? Which do you think I should do?

Quick Reply: DE in Sept @ VIR