Old 04-10-2008, 09:49 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default FS: GT3'04 15800 miles, $74k, blk/blk, NC

Hi, guys,

I am putting my GT3 for sale.
I enjoyed having it, it has been very reliable and faithful to me, however I really want to get a proper racing car this time.
Anyway details are here.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:41 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alexander got your email today... was at the masters last two days no phones no email... i will call you tomorrow
Old 04-10-2008, 10:52 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 930man
alexander got your email today... was at the masters last two days no phones no email... i will call you tomorrow
No problem, Matt. Please do.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:27 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Still is available.
Added some more interior pictures to the bottom of this page with details.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Alexander....selling already??? Talk about divorcing the girl at the end of the honeymoon! Put a rollbarcage/etc and she will be a "proper" race car. Mine will be hitting the PCA club racing circuit in the near future
Old 04-24-2008, 05:44 PM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

hi guy,

I had an equally equipted GT3 without rollcage (18,000 miles) I sold in '06 got $75K.
Reality is your car is really pretty but worth only high 60's at best. Alot of other cars with half the mileage and 25K more options going for mid 70's to just under 80.

Just my .02.

Regards,
Old 04-24-2008, 05:59 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Alexander....selling already??? Talk about divorcing the girl at the end of the honeymoon!

Put a rollbarcage/etc and she will be a "proper" race car. Mine will be hitting the PCA club racing circuit in the near future
Wish I had stomach(i.e. wallet) to do that... With GT3 just a thought that there is a real possibility of metal-to-metal contact makes me cringe. Need something I wouldn't worry that much about.

Whom are you working with to set the car up? That is one thing that is really puzzling me with Raleigh area. No real racing shop within 15 miles radius I'm aware of
Old 04-24-2008, 06:13 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LonnieR
hi guy,

I had an equally equipted GT3 without rollcage (18,000 miles) I sold in '06 got $75K.
Reality is your car is really pretty but worth only high 60's at best. Alot of other cars with half the mileage and 25K more options going for mid 70's to just under 80.

Just my .02.

Regards,
FWIW, when I bought the car between two similarly priced I chose one with twice the mileage and less options. However it had all things necessary for taking the car to a track: teq rollbar, Porsche harnesses and GT3 euro seats. Without them you can't properly drive the car on track, so it was a must for me. To me having 10k on ODO vs 5k means very little as long the car was maintained properly and treated with respect(like zero number of type 2 overrevs).
There is different kind of buyers, who are looking for ther car with low miles, full leather, more options, etc. and I agree - my car won't be their first choice.

By the way, if you don't mind asking, why did you sell yours?
Old 04-24-2008, 08:49 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by small
Whom are you working with to set the car up? That is one thing that is really puzzling me with Raleigh area. No real racing shop within 15 miles radius I'm aware of
3G Motorsports in Greensboro. The owner (and a great guy) is Greg Jones. I'd be happy to introduce the two of y'all next time we are at the track. He is PHENOMENAL on track setup and suspension. Look at what he has done to my car! I owe alot of my credit to him. Obviously he isn't the one driving it but he knows EXACTLY my driving style and has given me a great setup. I actually refer to it as HIS car and I just borrow it for track days.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:37 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

3G Motorsports in Greensboro. The owner (and a great guy) is Greg Jones. I'd be happy to introduce the two of y'all next time we are at the track. He is PHENOMENAL on track setup and suspension. Look at what he has done to my car! I owe alot of my credit to him. Obviously he isn't the one driving it but he knows EXACTLY my driving style and has given me a great setup. I actually refer to it as HIS car and I just borrow it for track days.
Interesting, thanks - that would be great to meet and talk to him.
I can't imagine building(or maintaining already built) race car without somebody's guidance.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:41 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Totally understand.....that is why Greg knows my car now better than I do. He does just about all the upkeep on it now. I do the minor stuff (oil change, filters, brakes, etc.).
Old 04-25-2008, 09:17 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by small
FWIW, when I bought the car between two similarly priced I chose one with twice the mileage and less options. However it had all things necessary for taking the car to a track: teq rollbar, Porsche harnesses and GT3 euro seats. Without them you can't properly drive the car on track, so it was a must for me. To me having 10k on ODO vs 5k means very little as long the car was maintained properly and treated with respect(like zero number of type 2 overrevs).
There is different kind of buyers, who are looking for ther car with low miles, full leather, more options, etc. and I agree - my car won't be their first choice.

By the way, if you don't mind asking, why did you sell yours?

Hi,

I sold my GT 3 when I got the Stad. I did not track my GT 3 or the Stad for that matter. I don't have the budget to run these cars at the track (especially with the ceramic bracks on the strad). I have to say that the GT3 was certainly more engaging than the strad is but I'm a sucker for the looks and the sound.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:55 AM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LonnieR
I sold my GT 3 when I got the Stad. I did not track my GT 3 or the Stad for that matter. I don't have the budget to run these cars at the track (especially with the ceramic bracks on the strad). I have to say that the GT3 was certainly more engaging than the strad is but I'm a sucker for the looks and the sound.
Wow! I'm green with envy! Sorry about no track time, though. I've heard that ceramic brakes will last forever, though.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:34 PM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

You don't want to use ceramics on the track unless you are prepared to pay thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) for pad and disc replacement. The ceramics don't fade like iron bracks do but they don't stop the car any faster.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:33 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

My GT3 is still available.
Lowered asking price to $71500.

Quick Reply: FS: GT3'04 15800 miles, $74k, blk/blk, NC